10.5 - Christmas Special

Kanaf Kazuki

"Hey Nagisa, I feel like our apartment has become a lot more lively lately." I stood on the small veranda as I took a sip of a warm liquid.

"Really? I don't exactly mind. Sure it wasn't all about peaceful things but I like things like this." My girlfriend stood with me feeling the cold air on her cheeks.

"Oh do you? I'd prefer it was just us, but I'm sure you already know."

"I do, you haven't shut up about it all day."

Right now we were holding a Christmas party. A long time ago the journey of reviving the legendary detective ended. We aren't just brats anymore but stayed together, I'm glad.

"Wanna go on a date tomorrow?"

"I thought it was obvious, don't we go every year? Even then, I was going to ask you for once. Jerk."

"Come on don't pout Nagisa." I poked her cheeks with a cheeky smile as she gently smiled.

"Now then, that's enough hiding mister, we're the hosts so you can't run away."

Nagisa grabbed the hand I had on her cheek and dragged me back inside. The green Christmas tree had its lights on now, there were also gifts underneath.

"Siesta? What are you doing?"

"Hm? Watching a Christmas special obviously."

"That's right Kanaf, you're supposed to always watch them!" Yui and Siesta sat on the couch like it was natural watching some random Christmas special. I mean it's normal, but I'd think shows like Charlie Brown or Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

Meanwhile they're watching some low budget cartoon show.

"Ah, wait I watch this show! I didn't know there was a Christmas special." Nagisa sat on the couch suddenly invested in the show.

"Oh do you now..."

All three girls on the couch gave me a look.

"It's good you like this show yeah. Oh it sounds like Kimihiko is calling me I'll go see what he wants." I practically made a dash to the kitchen where Mia, Charl and Kimihiko were.

"You ran away."

"Oh shut up Kimihiko, want me to throw you off the roof?"

"No thanks... even if you tried Siesta wouldn't let you do good luck."

"I'd just bribe her you idiot. Even then she'd help, I mean I'm her favorite." I laughed at him while he scowled knowing I'm not lying.

"Well whatever, we're almost done so go set the table would you? You just be more useful to Ma'am you imbecile."

"How rude Charl. But fine fine, I'm hungry anyways."

After setting the table Kimihiko and Charl brought out the food. We all gathered around a large enough table, I had to take Mia's game so she'd actually focus on the dinner though.

"This all looks good." Nagisa took a deep breath as she sat next to me. At some point they began to talk and eat but I zoned out for a moment.