11 - Lets Start The Game

Kanaf Kazuki

"I'll explain everything now so pay attention. The reason I've decided to tell you all the truth now. After all this time is that it took Master Siesta to suppress Hel's dormant personality inside of Natsunagi. That and on Master Siesta's wish she wanted you all to be on the same page emotionally."

The others began to banter but I instantly had an idea as to why.

"It's SPES right Noches?"

I cut the others off and the android nodded her head.

"Correct. Over the past year Seed hasn't done anything of note and as of now that's starting to change."

Logically that made sense going off of the attack on the ship and Saikawa's eye incident during the concert. However his goal behind it was what I didn't know yet.

"The one who will stop them will be Nagisa so be prepared for that." Noches set down her cup and I refilled it absentmindedly lost in my own thoughts on the situation.

"Thank you."

"Mm."

Unlike other times the newly appointed legendary detective wasn't overly confident and bursting with enthusiasm.

"Don't worry Natsunagi, you aren't alone so don't try to shoulder it on your own. Kanaf, Saikawa, Charl and I are gonna support you."

Kimihiko gave her kind words I probably would have but it isn't that simple.

"I'm aware of that Kimizuka, but your roles don't compare to Nagisa's." After she took another sip of her tea cup she put a clear emphasis on her next words.

"But she is the legendary detective."

"What does that even mean though? Isn't Natsunagi already the legendary detective?"

Noches gave a slight pensive nod while I gave a slight sigh that seemed to go unnoticed.

"It seems she didn't even tell you about 'that'. I'm sure you could have Mr.Kazuki, I expected better." I ignored the groups looks and focused on Noches.

Noches gave me an annoyed look. Although most people would have saw it as her being disappointed in my lack of caring, she just didn't want to explain more than necessary.

"You'd be correct that the person acts as a detective just as you've done with Mistress Siesta. However when we use the term Legendary Detective—"

"Wait. Go any further and you'll be violating the Federal Charter." Charl gave Noches a cold glare which was effortlessly brushed off.

"Charl they're already involved, at this point it doesn't even matter does it?"

Charl clicked her tongue at my response and relaxed.

"The Legendary Detective is a position in the Twelve Shields for the world."

M—

Kanaf Kazuki

"Ah, I see... so it's them again." Kimihiko started to mutter to himself although he didn't know a thing.

Saikawa noticed his expression couldn't help but ask a question.

"Huh? Do you happen to know them Kimizuka...?"

"Ah, nope not a thing I just thought I'd look cool."

"Please never act smart again."

Suddenly Saikawa had become colder than Antarctica nice. Normally I'd jump in too but now when it's time to be serious I don't have that much luxury now.

"The world is under near constant threat. The crises strike all over the corners of the world. Sometimes more than one at a time and they save this world."

After Noches briefly finished I decided to follow up with a bit of information.

"Yeah, there's even a Vampire I've heard he isn't exactly the best buddy type. There's also a Phantom Thief but I'm only really close with the Priestess though."

"Ah her will you need to go pay her a visit sometime soon. Perhaps she could help with the issue of a certain white haired lunatic."

"Yeah I plan on it, but I figured I shouldn't leave right away. I trust you obviously but things could still go wrong."

"I see. Well regardless without these twelve tuners the world have long since been destroyed without anyone ever knowing. Its even said one of the twelves held back the King of Terror."

Therefor the world path we live on now was most likely heavily influenced by these Tuners.

"Wait... is it possible to turn back history?"

"You know that declaring something that cannot be observed is the height of arrogance. Even then I suggest you go through your memory once more."

Kimihiko sat and pondered while the rest of us waited in silence.

"...That's it. Hel mentioned a sacred text then. So I guess Siesta was a Tuner then." Kimihiko was silently affirmed by Noches taking another sip of tea.

"However that said. It's been a year since Mistress Siesta had passed without anyone taking up the position of legendary detective. If nothing changes then the one who will become the next in line would be Nagisa."

"!? M-me? I..."

Nagisa started to fumble over her words clearly caught off guard.

"Nothing has been set in stone though. You've inherited her will and heart. You're also able to take use of powers normal people can't. More than you'd think believe you are qualified."

Nagisa tried to absorb the words coming from Noches but they'd only bounce off of her not sticking to her.

"Siesta won't speak through Natsunagi."

Kimihiko added in that important detail.

"Yes I'm aware and that's why I'm going to ask this question." Facing Nagisa she asked. "Do you truly have the will to inherit the legendary detective's will?"

Right now she was testing her resolve therefore I won't help her out. If she doesn't have the needed resolve then it will all be for naught.

"I..."

And now I'll conveniently end the chapter here