Chapter 40: Goodbye

Not canon bits

Recap:

I then appeared in a room with the twins, it was Dumbledore's office. It was similar to the one in the past, but slightly more cluttered and dusty.

"Welcome back, Y/N," Dumbledore greeted me "Would you like some tea?"

Present:

Y/N's POV:

"Uhm...Now is not the time Headmaster. I'm sorry, I want to go back and live during that time," I tell him, he stares at me and chuckles lightly "Sir?"

"Of course, I knew you were going to go back to the past, after all, you'd be the only one who would be able to keep Tom in line," he says "If you left, Tom would've most like turned into Lord Voldemort,"

"But the letters?" I asked

"Those were silly letters," he tells me "It was a joke,"

"It wasn't a very good joke, Headmaster," I tell him sternly "You should make better ones,"

"Well, I would like to say thank you Ms. L/N. You've done a lot for the future. But before you go, I think you should go say goodbye to the people who care about you very dearly," Dumbledore says with a smile

"Thank you, Headmaster," I tell him, I then apparate away

I appeared in front of the Weasley's home, it was the same as I left it, except for a few minor changes. They were on break so I expected the house to be loud and chaotic, but it was surprisingly quiet on this particular day, no noise of plates clattering, and Mrs. Weasley wasn't yelling or shouting. I peeked through the window and noticed that nobody was home.

"Hm...That's strange." I said backing away from the window, I then walked towards the garden

"Suprise!"

A bunch of confetti was then launched at me. I saw the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, Professor McGonagall, and Headmaster Dumbledore. They were wearing silly little party hats and a banner above said "Welcome Back Y/N!"

"What's this?" I asked as I looked around

"It's a welcome-back party obviously," Ron says with a smile "C'mon, we don't have all day, let's go and eat!"

"Ronald, let Y/N take this all in, we don't want to rush her," Mrs. Weasley scolds at him

"It's alright, Mrs. Weasley. Let's go and eat," I said with a smile, we all then sat on the long table that was decorated with wildflowers, everyone was having a wonderful time and I was happy. A lot of memories with these people

"C'mon Y/N, you're going to be late for the first day of school," McGonagall tells me

"Sorry, Godmother," as I carry my luggage down the stairs, she grabs my hand and we apparate to the station, " I think I'm going to be sick,"

"Oh, dear..."

(1st Year)

"I'm Fred. And this is George. What's your name?" Fred asks

"I'm Y/N L/N," I them him, they then sat across from me

(1st Year)

"My mum made you a sweater," Ron tells me and opens the box

"This is lovely," I tell him and put it on, Harry and Hermione also had their own

"Let's go outside and play with the snow!" Hermione says leaving the Burrow

(3rd Year)

"Ginny and Y/N, can you go wake up the twins? It's already noon!" Mrs. Weasley tells us

"You want to play a little prank on them?" Ginny asks

"I don't see a reason why we shouldn't," I tell her with a smirk

(4th Year)

A couple of hours passed and the sun was about to set. And I quietly started to pack some of the most precious things with me, someone then knocked on the door.

"It's me," It was McGonagall

"Uhm...Come in," I tell her, she then steps into the room 

"There's something that I want to give you," she says sitting on the bed and I joined her "I was going to give this to you when you were 18, but I think you are mature enough,"

She then pulls out a wooden box and opens it. It was a locket with the initials of my mom's name, and inside was a picture of me as a baby along with my father in it. I traced the edges of the necklace gently with my fingers so I don't ruin it.

"Godmother..." I started, I wanted to tell her everything, from the start to the end of what I've done

"It's okay, Y/N," she tells me "You've already brought so much joy into my life, you were like the child I never had with my dearly beloved husband. And you've brought joy to others too. We thank you for that, but I believe it is time to find and be with someone who would bring you true happiness. You have to be selfish one time in your life, and you should not always sacrifice your happiness for others,"

"Thank you," I said hugging her, I knew she was not a hugger, but she ended up hugging me back

"Now, go," she tells me with a bright smile "And be with him. Be with the person you love the most and never let go. I was too careless and I lost the time I could've spent with the man I love, and I do not want you to make the same mistake as I did,"

"Godmother, are you sure that'll you'll be alright?" I asked her, she has lost everyone that she had love and I couldn't stand to see her lose me

"I'll be alright, my love. I've lived a long fulfilling life, and I thank you for that," she says with a smile

I twisted the time turner and looked back at her one last time.

"Goodbye," I tell her one last time, a bright light flashes and I was back in the same place at the same time. I felt a pair of arms hugging my waist from behind.

"C'mon Tom, I wasn't gone for that long," I chuckled

"Well, it has been too long for me," he sighs "Can we go now?"

"Of course, love," I tell him, he then lets go and I take his hand

We walked out of the castle and admired the view, the sun was slowly setting, and the skies had orange and pink hues. Standing here made me realize that there were a lot of good things yet to come, and I want to experience it all with him. The boy I love, Tom Marvolo Riddle.