Chapter 18: Horcrux

Recap:

'Am I really falling for the future dark lord?' I thought to myself, I then looked at him once more 'I am in love with him,"

Present:

Y/N's POV:

"L/N? Is everything alright?" Tom then asks me, as the butterflies slowly disappear 

"Yes..." I smiled "Everything is fine, just a bit cold,"

I then felt a coat being wrapped around me. I then looked up and saw Tom placing his jacket around me. I felt the warmth of his jacket.

"Aren't you cold now?" I asked him

"No, I'm never cold," he replies, I then noticed his ears were red, and I then chuckled at him "What?"

"You're cold," I said smiling at him and wrapping the jacket around the both of us as we sat on a nearby log "That's what makes you human,"

I then placed my hand on his cheek, and his eyes widened.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to touch you," I said backing away

"It's okay," he says looking away "Come on...Let's head back to the castle,"

I nodded my head, and we both started to walk back into the castle. He then walks me to his room and he looks down at me.

"Good night," he whispers

"Good night," I whispered back, he then turns away to his room, I entered my room and realized that his jacket was still wrapped around me "Wait, Riddle,"

But he was already gone. I sighed, I made my way to my room as everybody was already sleeping. I cleaned up and entered my bed. I looked at the jacket once more and wrapped it around me and went to bed. I smiled.

Tom's POV:

I washed up and sat on my bed. I then remember what happened earlier. I smiled. I then noticed a butterfly still lingering around me. It then landed on my finger. It slowly disappeared.

'She really is something...' I thought to myself, I see her smile, her warmth, my heart throbbed a bit

The Next Day:

Y/N's POV:

It was the weekend once again. I got up with the jacket wrapped around me. Everybody was asleep with a smile on their face. I folded the jacket neatly before I went to go and give it to him. I then went to the common room and saw Tom reading a book. I then sneaked up behind him. I then spooked him, and he seemed angered, as he frowned.

"Please don't do that ever again," he says, as he glues back onto his book, I then sat next to him, he didn't seem to mind the closeness

"Understood," I said "Here is your jacket back,"

He then looks at his jacket and then at me, he then simply replied:

"Keep it,"

I knotted my eyebrows in confusion. I then tightly gripped the jacket. I walked up to my room, to put the jacket away. I see Tom not taking his eyes off of his book, I then chuckled and shook my head a bit. I placed the jacket in my drawer. I walked back down the stairs and saw him gone. I looked around but he was nowhere to be seen. 

"Boo," I heard a voice and I turned around, it was Tom, I chuckled

"Jerk," I said gently elbowing him, he snickers a bit

We then walked into the Great Hall, where nobody was, but breakfast was served on the table. Tom and I sat across from each other. I took a piece of bacon and egg onto my plate, I then stared at the cover of his book. The title said "Horcrux". I then dropped my fork and it clanged against my plate. I gulped a bit.

"Is everything alright?" he asks

"Yes, everything is fine," I said plastering a fake smile "So why are you reading a book about Horcrux?"

"You know about Horcruxes?" he asks and raises his eyebrow, I gulped and I pushed my food around my plate

"I somewhat know what Horcruxes are..." I muttered

"Hm...For example?" Tom asks

"A dark witch or wizard places a fragment of their soul into an object, in order to be immortal, after committing murder or evil acts," I then paused, and looked down onto my skirt "Riddle...Please don't make a Horcrux,"

'Please don't make a Horcrux...Please..' I thought to myself, I then felt hot tears streaming down my face slowly, I then felt a hand on my cheek and I look up, it was Tom, his eyes were soft

"Please..." I whispered once more, he then looks at me once again, he was hesitant

"I don't know..." he says "But I'll guarantee that it won't happen, for now, now please stop crying,"

He then wipes a tear-off of my face. I then wiped the rest of the tears off of my face. He then guides me to our hideout and we stayed there for the rest of the day. The thought of the Horcrux continued to linger in my mind. I was afraid, and I hope it would never happen.

"Here," he says handing me a packet of pink coconut ice, I smiled slightly and I took one from the packet and took a bite "Feeling better?"

I nodded. I then leaned against his side. He didn't seem to mind. He then slightly pats my head.