Chapter 19: Broom Lessons

Recap:

I nodded. I then leaned against his side. He didn't seem to mind. He then slightly pats my head.

Present (A Week Later):

Y/N's POV:

It was broom lessons, my least favorite class of the day. I then turned my head and see Peony steady on her broom, of course, she enjoys it, she's in quidditch. I got onto my broom and I stumbled a bit. I sighed heavily. I hate this so much. 

"I see what you mean when you hate broom lessons," Amelia chuckles, I sighed, I then see Tom sitting on his broom, and Oscar flying around with his friends, we then heard a huge thud from afar, we both turned around and we see a boy who has fallen off his broom

"Class, I'll be taking this student here to the infirmary," she states "Now behave students, I don't want to see anyone getting hurt,"

She then takes off with the boy who was injured. I then got off the broom and sat on the ground. I sighed heavily.

"Freedom at last!" I smiled as I looked into the sky, Peony joined me

"Well you seemed too relieved that the boy was hurt, so you would no longer need to sit on the broom," Peony chuckles

"Oh, I hope the boy isn't hurt too badly," I said as I touched snowdrops that has just bloomed, I then here murmurs nearby, I see a crowd, I got up in curiosity and I went to see who was fighting, I then see Tom and Oscar getting into a fight

Tom's POV:

The professor then took off and I got off my broom. I sighed and saw Y/N sitting on the ground admiring the flowers. I then see Oscar walking toward me, he looked furious.

"What do you want, Bell?" I asked

"Stay away from Y/N," he states "You got it, Riddle?"

"And why should I listen to you?" I said raising my eyebrow with a smirk

"Every single time she's with you, she gets hurt," he states 

"Well, I wasn't the cause of those accidents, and when she was with me during the Yule Ball, she seemed pretty happy..." I stated with a smile "Why do you care?"

"Because I'm her good friend, who cares about her well-being," Oscar says "Why do you care about her huh? It's not like you liked her since day one,"

That was a lie that he was spouting. I care about Y/N. So much. I drew my wand out about to threaten him, he drew his wand out too.

"Stop!" I hear a familiar voice, we both turned around and Y/N was there, she then stands in between us both "Both of you, stop fighting! Oscar! You don't speak for me! And don't treat Riddle like that. And Riddle, stop threatening people with your wand,"

"Why do you care about him? It's not like your friends with him," he says, she then looks at me

"Actually, I am," I stated, Oscar then looks at me "I am friends with her,"

"Is this true, Y/N?" Oscar says looking at her

"Yes..." she says "Now both of you stop fighting,"

She then rushes back to Peony who was waiting for her. I then see Oscar turning his back to me. I then scoffed and walked in the opposite direction, towards Avery and Lestrange.

Y/N's POV:

I turned around and made sure they both stopped fighting. I then saw Oscar on his broom going towards Tom's direction, I then connected the puzzles together. My eyes widened, and my instincts reacted. I ran towards Tom and blocked him from getting hit by Oscar, I shut my eyes close, and felt a thud. My eyes were blurry and I see Tom standing above me.

"L/N!" he shouts

Everything then went black. My head was throbbing like crazy.

I then woke up, I took a look around at my surroundings. I was in the infirmary. I then see Lestrange besides me, he was nicer than Tom's other friends.

"Bloody hell..." I said sitting up "Lestrange...What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm here to watch you as Amelia is at class," he states "And Riddle and Bell are at the headmaster's office,"

"Oh," I muttered, I then took a sip of water

"You know...I have never seen Riddle act this way towards anyone..." he states

"What do you mean?" I asked

"He never seemed to show interest in anybody except you, you seem to make him jealous at times..." he states "And sometimes I even catch him staring at you, he has happiness and curiosity in his eyes when he looks at you,"

"I..." I started off

"Take care of him," he then gets up "Take care, L/N,"

He then walks away and then I'm alone in the infirmary. I then laid back down in bed and drifted to sleep again.

Later:

Y/N's POV:

I woke up and see the sun slowly setting, I slowly turned my head and saw Tom sitting on a chair and laying his head on my bed. My eyes soften and I slowly run through his hair, he then wakes up.

"Why, good morning sleepyhead," I joked around, he then fixes his hair

"Why did you do that?" he mutters under his breath

"What?"

"I said why did you do that? Why did you jump in front of the broom yourself?" he says raising his voice

"Well! You should be grateful!" I fought back "A thank you would suffice,"

"Well, I'm not. Because you are here on this infirmary bed," he says getting up "You should've allowed me to get hit instead!"

"Well, why do you care?" I sneered "Why do you want to get hurt instead of me?"

"Because I fucking care about you! Stop getting yourself hurt when it was never your problem or fault, to begin with," he says clasping my hands together

I then stare into his eyes and he stares into mine, he then gently lets go of my hand and slowly walks away, but then pauses, he then returns back and sits on his seat. He rubs his temple, there was then an awkward silence.

"I jumped in front of the broom..." I started off "Because I...Care about you,"

His eyes then widened.