Ch.28: I'm so Sorry

(Hi everyone!! Glad to see that this story is at #1 thank you all so much for making that possible. And guess what!.... I'm having a....BABY BOY!! That's right I'm gonna be a boy mom and I couldn't be happier. I'll try to get in more chapters it's just hard with everything going on right now. But don't worry we'll eventually get to the ball chapter.)

I nearly gagged as Clarissa batted her eyes at my brother and flung around her hair in a failed attempt at being seductive.
Phoebus looked more than happy to see me when I approached them.
"Lily, did you have a good day at work?" He asked.
I was going to answer but Clarissa cut me off.
"Oh you bet she did, she's such a hard worker, she's always helping me care for those sweet little angels aren't you Lil?" She said I'm that fake cheery voice that made my blood boil.
"It's Liliana!" I said through gritted teeth.
"Are you ready to go?" I asked turning to my brother.
But once again, that stupid girl had to cut in.
"Oh are the two of you going out? Mind if I tag along? I was actually going to pick out my dress for the upcoming ball today."
"A ball huh? How nice" Phoebus said.
"Oh it's going to be wonderful and if you don't mind my asking captain...but would you be so kind as to accompany me to said ball as my date?"
Just hearing her ask that made my fists ball up in anger.
We both looked up at my brother awaiting his answer.
"Well.. I'll have to see if I'll be available that night..but if so...I would love too."
I couldn't believe what I just heard! How could he be so blind and not see the person she truly was?!
"Oh my gosh! Yay now I can't wait for the ball! Well I better be off, bye Captin Phoebus, bye Lil" said Clarissa before practically skipping down the steps of the church.
"Uh Lily, you okay? You're face is red" Phoebus asked reaching a hand out to touch my shoulder.
I quickly swatted away and glared daggers at him.
"Why did you do that?!" I snapped.
"I..I don't know..she seems..well..sweet" Phoebus said clearly stunned by my anger.
"Sweet?! You don't know what she's really like! She's a lazy, inconsiderate, bossy, mean girl who just buttered you up just because she knows you're my brother!"
"That's ridiculous, she just asked me to one dance, it's not like you caught us kissing out here or something" he said basically shrugging this conversation off.
"I bet you if I had left the two of alone for one more minute she would have kissed you!" I said feeling the anger rising in my body.
"Liliana, it's none of your business who I choose to spend my time with. I'm a grown man and don't need my younger sister making my choices for me. Now can we please stop arguing and go eat like we planned?"
Not being able to hold back the angry tears, I finally let them escape and stomped my foot on the ground. Not caring if anyone saw me or heard me.
"No! I'm not going anywhere with you! You won't listen to me about our mother! You won't listen to me about Clarissa, and you clearly won't listen to me when Im trying to express to you why I'm feeling this way! So just leave me alone you jerk!"
With that said I shoved him away from me and ran as fast as my feet could carry me. I could hear Phoebus calling after me, but I ignored him. I just wanted to be anywhere else but there with him.
(Frollo's POV)

I was just about half way up the stairs of the bell tower when I heard Liliana yelling at someone.
Quickly walking back down, I saw her outside with my new Captain of the Gaurds. I couldn't really see the family resemblance between the two but that wasn't important now. From what I heard she refused to go anywhere with him and by the sound of her voice she seemed to be.. crying.
I walked outside and could see him calling after my poor girl who was running away.
"Oh great..here we go again." I thought.
Shaking that feeling aside, I approached the captin and asked, "what's going on out here?"
He quickly stood up straight and gave me a salute.
"Oh I'm sorry sir..I was having a dispute with my... younger sister Liliana" he said looking down in shame.
"I see, I've met your sister captin. She's a very sweet child and works very hard. I hope she's alright."
He nodded, "so do I sir, I better be off. But if you do happen to see her.. please tell her I'm so very sorry for making her upset."
"Very well Captin" I said before watching him ride off.
Once he was gone, I quickly ran as fast as I could to catch up with my love. Praying that she wasn't in harms way once again.