Chapter 23

It was settled then, Coran would do the procedure on removing the leg attachment, and Lance and Pidge we're going to build the new leg. Before they could do the first step, the two needed to build the leg first.

Lance sat in Pidges work area in the Lions garage. Looking through the clutter of tools and parts tossed haphazardly on the surface. Pidge had agreed to help Lance build his new leg, and the two had just sat down to start.

Lance pointed to the blueprints he made of the leg, that he had displayed on her screen.

"We need to start on the leg adapter first so that Coran can get them switched out. I've drawn a good sleek design that not only looks good and compliments my figure. But it's also adaptable, good range of motion for bending and running and such. I want it sturdy so it won't break."

Pidge stared at Lance with a dumbfounded look on their face, their eyebrows and nose scrunched in confusion.

"Uh hold up. Since when do you know how to do all of this? How did you even get a blue print made up? I don't think that would be necessary. Let me handle this Lance." Pidge pushed their glasses up and turned away from him to grab some materials.

"Leave this to the smart people Lance we'll get you a leg in no time." Pidges words stuck right into Lance's chest like a dart on a dart board. It pained him to hear that come from someone he thought of as a little sister.

Not sure how to react he just sat there in the chair, shoulders slouched in disappointment. But he didn't want to hear that again so he stood up with his crutches.

"Never mind Pidge. I'll make it on my own. I appreciate the help..." He unplugged his blue print drive from the computer and made his way towards the exit.

"Lance, are you really acting like a baby right now?" The green gremlin called out to him as he reached the door. The comment cause him to spin around

"I'm not acting like a child Katie! I asked for your help with this and you decided to take it over because you don't think I'm capable enough to know what I'm doing. Those comments are hurtful and rude and I don't need to be around them....I've heard you say it so many times. I'm tired of it."

His knuckles we're white from how hard he was gripping onto his crutches, and a frustrated tear slid down his cheek.

".... I-im sorry Lance. I never realized I was saying it in a mean way. " Their voice was quiet as they spoke. Lance looked over and saw the green paladin fidgeting with their fingers, gaze at the floor. "It's just you never tried to help with any of our other projects before so I figured you didn't know what you were doing."

"I tried many times to help before. But you and Hunk pushed me away, saying I would only mess stuff up and that I was too stupid to understand.... How do you think I got into the Garrison Katie... It definitely wasn't because of my amazing flying expertise..." Lance moved back over and sat down in the chair he was in previously.

Pidge lifted their head and looked at the boy in front of her, with wide green eyes.

"I'm sorry for not listening to you before Lance. I should never have judged you in thinking you wouldn't understand. I'm sorry. Please forgive me?" Pidge held their hands in front of them, hands clasped together in a pleading pose.

"I forgive you. Now let's get this leg made I wanna walk again."