Past, Present and Now

Camila's POV:

I was sitting peacefully on my hammock reading my old diary entries. The entry read,

January 1st, 2012
Dear diary,
Today Lauren and I celebrated New Years. She came over my house and we ate lots of food (knowing me). We also blew up tons of balloons, drank fizzy apple cider and danced crazily to Just Dance. We decided to sit up on my rooftop since I have access to it. I could hear the screams downstairs,"5,4,3,2,1...HAPPY NEW YEARS." But before I could hear the end on the cheers, she kissed me. I don't know what to think of it considering she's my best friend. But I can't deny it wasn't bad. Let's see what happens next...I'm excited :)

After reading the nostalgic page I felt partially sad for what we were now, but happy for what we used to be. I didn't know if anything in the future was going to change but I'd allow as much as she'd give me.

"Camzzzzz!" My little sister Sophie bounced across the lawn laughing and spilling the glass of lemonade as she ran. "Here you go." She held out the glass out proudly and flashed a huge smile. "Thank you Soph, I love ya." I ruffled her hair a bit then she ran back into the house. I took a sip of the sweet drink and set it down beside me below the hammock.

My legs were crossed and my hair in a bun. I slowly closed my eyes folding the diary on top of my chest. I slowly fell asleep, finding the only solace I had in awhile.

Lauren's POV:

I paced my room back and fourth trying to figure out my situation with Camila. "No...no...I can't." I muttered repeatedly.

I got my phone and hovered over Dinah's nunber. "Ughhh." I sighed pressing call and immediately getting a response,"Hey Lauren, what's up?" Dinah said casually. "Camila's what's up." I huffed, "She's trying to come back into my life again but I don't wanna get hurt anymore, I hate this."

She sighed into the phone,"Look I honestly don't know what you should do. She turned on you pretty bad and I wouldn't be surprised if you rejected her. But do what your heart says. And maybe you've healed, maybe she's changed who's to say? Just do the right thing for you." Dinah seemed genuinely concerned. I thanked her and hung up.
.
.
.
Staring at my ceiling I saw the usual twinkling stars. My room had tall ceilings where I was able to look up at the stars through a window on my ceiling. I had a large bed, light blue walls and posters of my favorite bands littered the room.

I laid down with my hands behind my head and my legs crossed, stopping to take a deep breath.

Closing my eyes, I allowed myself to remember the memories. I have a photographic memory, which happens to be a blessing and a curse. Remembering sometimes comes in handy but sometimes I'm forced to relive memories if rather not recall.

Flashback: {"Come on Lauren!!" Camila screamed inside while jumping excitedly on the trampoline. "I'm coming you princess." I huffed and pretended to be angry. Camila just giggled at me and grabbed the hose. She set it down on the tramp in a place it wouldn't be disturbed, using duct tape to hold it down. She reached out her hand and I took it stumbling onto the bouncy structure. We jumped on the trampoline; laughing and feeling the cold water tingle our feet. It was a hot summer then and we tried to make the most of it. My mom came out with a tray of cookies and fruit punch. "Girls!!" As soon as we saw the delightful treats we ran and hungrily gobbled them down, eager to play more. We decided to turn off the hose and climb all the various trees in the yard. Camila had climbed a bit too far resulting in a painful tumble to the ground. I quickly grabbed a hello kitty band-aid and then washed off the cut. Camila was still crying so I wiped her tears with the pad of my thumb. She looked up at me gratefully, a small smile replacing the previous frowning one. I kissed her on the cut and helped her hobble into my room. We slipped under the bed covers and I told her the story she always wanted to hear when she got hurt. I told the story vividly Camila's brown eyes watched me as I spoke and cuddled into my chest. Once I had finished, I held her close and made sure she was safe. At that point we weren't dating but we had a true connection. We were simply best friends, it seemed too perfect to stay.} end flashback.
.
.
.
.
Camila's POV: