White walls, Doctors and Medicine

Okay so apparently these chapters are too short so I'll try to write longer scenes although I like to update frequently so if it's frustrating please say so.

Lauren's POV:

I woke up with a pounding in my head and it all seemed like a blur. I looked down and saw the white gown draped against my sides, Camila sitting in a chair sleeping, and- wait Camila?! I watched her silently and wondered how she had gotten here in the first place. A nurse soon came in to check my IV and asked how I was feeling. I croaked out a simple, "fine." She scribbled down a few words and then left the room.

Camila stirred and walked over to Lauren. "What are you doing here?!" I said defensively trying to sit up but it hurt too much. Camila helped me lay back down and pulled up a chair beside my bed. "I came here because I'm your best friend Lauren." I stared at Camila with a cold and sad look registered on my face. She surprisingly remained calm and I wondered if she had expected it. Camila avoided my icy gaze and continued talking,"I haven't been there for you after what happened, and I'm really sorry. I never meant to hurt you, I guess it's just how things worked out. But I'm trying now, please give me a chance." I looked down and played with my fingers trying to comprehend what Camila had just said. The memories instantly shot through my mind and I closed my eyes trying not to cry in front of her. Camila placed a loving hand on my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I tried to pull away from the warm embrace but no avail. She held on tighter as I cried into her sweater, probably drenching it with my muffled tears. And we stayed like that for awhile. It reminded me of the times that we had spent cuddling under the stars on my roof, the long talks, the comforting touch of her hand on my cheek. She told me that as long as I looked up at the stars and they were still there, she'd always love me. But it wasn't like that anymore. I winced as I remembered our past times, abruptly pulling back from Camila. I quickly wiped my tears and took a deep breath. I gained courage to meet Camila's eyes, "oh those brown chocolate orbs, I miss them." Lauren thought to herself. As the gaze got longer, it became uncomfortable. My mom opened the door and the rest of my family appeared. "I should go." Camila whispered and swiftly left the hospital room leaving a small letter beside my arm.

My family all embraced me in a comfortable hold. As they eventually pulled away I could see the red, puffy eyes and obvious lines of exhaustion. My mom looked up at me, holding my hand so tightly I thought it might break. As I looked into her eyes I saw hurt, sadness and a hint of desperation. She finally managed to speak and she said shaking,"I don't really know what to say Lauren. But..stay. I promise to do anything I can to help you through this, I just can't imagine losing you, I hope you know I love you so much." Tears clouded my vision and I quickly wrapped my mom in another hug to cover up the amount of water that seemed to endlessly pour lately. I let go of my mom and looked over to Taylor and Chris. They both came and hugged me, Taylor constantly saying she loved me. I figured it was because she could say anything else. I'd never seen my sister so shook up, or my brother crying so constantly. I wasn't sure how to react to this. I didn't know if I should've felt confused, relieved, guilty, but somehow I felt all the overwhelming emotions at once. My dad came over, kissing my head lightly and bending down to talk to me. "Hey princess, it's okay baby, you're safe now. Don't leave me again like that okay? I'd miss you way too much. I love you more than you can imagine. I promise recovery is possible." He choked on his words trying to keep it together but I managed to hear everything he said.

They all looked at me to say something but I didn't. Maybe it was because I was scared of what might happen, maybe because I didn't know how to formulate promising words to comfort them enough. A wave of tiredness washed over me and I closed my eyes. I felt warm lips press against my forehead, and soon I drifted off to sleep.