TWENTY FOUR

VANCE JUST stood there

VANCE JUST stood there. "Well thanks? I guess." He shrugged, going back to his game. "I heard about you and your girlfriend." Amelia continued to try and hold conversation.
"Everyone has. And, she's not my girlfriend anymore." He replied, putting another coin in the slot. "Well I'm sorry for everything that's happened." She tried again. "Thanks." At this point, Vance was just trying to get out of this conversation.

"Um... I'm hosting a party this weekend. Would you want to come?" She asked nervously. "No." He gave a dry answer, focusing on his game.
"Oh okay." She put her lips in a thin line before deciding to watch him play the game. "You into pinball?" He scoffed. "You really know nothing about me, do you?"

Amelia went red with embarrassment. "No but I'd like to." She smiled. He wasn't paying attention to whatever she was saying and kept thinking about the party offer.
Maybe it would be able to get his mind off things. He stopped his game, turning to her. "Where's this party?" He asked.

She broke out into another smile. She told him the address before saying goodbye and walking away. "He doesn't seem into you." Her friend told her honestly. "He's coming to my party." She smiled.

~~~

The next day, Blue was continuing to read. She was grounded and had nothing better to do. Mandy had gone out with Colby to figure out things for the new house.
Sadie and Mason were in charge of Blue which she wasn't complaining about. Blue heard the phone ring, quickly jumping up to go answer it.

She ran into the kitchen to see Sadie already on the phone. She huffed, waiting to see who it was. "Its for you." The blonde said, handing Blue the phone.

Technically, she wasn't allowed to call people but Sadie let it slide. "Hey Blue!" Bruce's voice sounded from the other side.
"Hey Bruce." Blue replied with a smile although he couldn't see it. "So there's a party on Saturday. Would you wanna come?" He asked impatiently.

Blue was excited. To get her mind off of everything, a party did sound fun. But then she remembered she was grounded. "I wish I could. I'm grounded."
"Oh. Well thanks for letting me know. Bye!" Bruce ended the call. Blue knew she was going to sneak out to it. She didn't know where it was though.

Until she decided realized Clara was probably going. "Can I call my mom?" She asked Sadie. "Of course." Sadie smiled before Mason called her into the other room.

Instead of calling Mandy she called Clara. "Clara speaking." The red head spoke into the phone. "Hey Clara, it's Blue. Are you going to that party Bruce is going to?" She asked.
"Yeah, why?" Clara asked back. "What's the address?" Blue asked, getting a pen and paper. Clara told her and Blue saw Sadie coming back.

"Okay, love you, bye." Blue crumbled the paper before hanging up. "Everything good?" The blonde asked. "Yeah." Blue replied, going back to her room.
She felt terrible for lying but she just wanted something to take away her pain.