TWENTY

BLUE PACED her room while Vance just watched

BLUE PACED her room while Vance just watched. "Blue..." He tried again but she just kept mumbling to herself. He stood up, forcefully grabbing her shoulders. "Blue!" She snapped out of it, looking into his eyes.

"Calm down." He told her. "Just breathe." The girl tried but once she did she could feel tears rolling down her face. "Oh gorgeous." He sighed out, wrapping her in a tight hug.
         They didn't share any more words, only Vance slowly moving them to her bed. He sat down with her pulled onto his lap.

He stroked her hair, trying to get her to calm down. One thing the boy noticed is that, ever since Blue walked into his life, he was a complete different person. He actually had gotten better at comforting people to.

"As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you." He whispered, kissing the side of her head. Blues eyes soon became heavy, resting her head on his shoulder. Her breathing slowed and she closed her eyes.

He lifted her up, placing her under the blankets of her own bed. He changed into clean clothes, getting in next to her. He immediately pulled her close, looking up at the ceiling before back at her.
       "I don't want to sleep." Blue admitted, rubbing her tired eyes. "But Blue, you have to." He told her, his tired voice in a quiet tone.

"But I'm gonna have nightmares." She spoke again, stuffing her face into his neck. "I know. I know. But if you wake up, I'm right here." His eyes started to close, his thumb rubbing small circles on her arm.

She let out a shaky breath, her eye's automatically closing. She didn't even know when but she eventually passed out. He followed soon after, making sure to hold her close.

That night, Blue woke up, screaming from a nightmare. Vance was already wide awake, comforting her as best he could. "Shh." He let out, pulling her to lay down again.
         She calmed her breathing again. "I'm right here." He repeated over and over again until she was asleep again.

~~~

The morning came, not waking either of them. The night was filled with so many nightmares that Blue barely had gotten any sleep.
     Vance was holding her tight, putting his face into the pillow to block out any sunlight that escaped the curtains.

Sadie was the first to wake up, going to check on Blue. When she walked in, her heart melted. She smiled, closing the door again to let them sleep.

Blues eyes fluttered open. They still felt so heavy even though she had slept. She looked to her side to see Vance, sleeping peacefully, his arm draped across her waist, the other on the pillow.
         A small smile crept on her face before she sighed and stared at the ceiling. She knew she couldn't stay with him.
It pained her to even think about.

She felt as if everything she touched, went away. Every single person she loved got hurt because of her. Her heart couldn't take it anymore.

Her thoughts were pulled away when a pair of blue eyes met hers. "Good morning." His raspy voice got out, squeezing her waist a bit.
    "Morning." She replied, playing with his hair. It felt weird since it was so short.

He gave her a lopsided smile, sitting up next to her. "Sorry about last night." She apologized. "Don't be." He responded, putting his arm around her shoulders.
       "I'm just glad you got some sleep." He continued. Blue looked at him, admiring how beautiful he looked even when he just woke up.

He turned his head to her with a closed smile, going to kiss her before she pulled away. "Morning breath." She told him and he quickly got up to go brush his teeth.
    She laughed, following him. They both brushed their teeth, laughing as they did.

"Better?" He asked, flashing his pearly white teeth. She nodded and that's when he kissed her. They smiled into it before a voice sounded from outside the door.

"Okay, love birds, I made y'all breakfast." Sadie shouted, knocking on the door. The two pulled away with laughs. "Coming!" Blue shouted, walking past him and out the door.

She liked that everyone was acting normal. It was a distraction from Baylen.
      The two sat at the table, eating their pancakes Sadie made them. "These are really good." Blue complimented her cooking. "Well thank you." She smiled, bowing a bit.

Mandy walked out, checking the time on the stove. "Hey kids." She said, yawning after her sentence. "Hey mom." Blue smiled as Mandy kissed the top of her head.
       The red heads eye caught something on the floor. "Yikes." She said, gesturing to the bullet in the ground.

She had done some thinking about it and decided they were gonna move. It was for the best.

"You better get home before Ali starts worrying." Vance looked at his girlfriend as she spoke. "I don't want to see her face right now." He responded, finishing what was left of his breakfast.
        "But it's your mom." Vance was gonna snap back with something rude but decided against it. "If she really wanted to see me, she'd come over here but I don't see her." He said, almost angrily as he put his dishes in the sink.

Blue just said, "okay" and did the same. "The funeral is in a few days." Mandy said, sipping her coffee. Reality hit Blue again and she sighed. "Don't remind me." She got out, playing with her fingers.

Colby woke up from the pull out couch, going over to everyone in the kitchen. "Morning." He said tiredly, making a cup of coffee. Mason also stumbled out, his hair going in different directions.

"So, Blue, I want us to move." Mandy broke the ice, sitting next to her. "What?" Blue asked, feeling her heart ping. "I want us to move." She repeated.
Vance and Mason looked at each other, knowing Blue wasn't gonna take this easily. "No... we can't." She got out, her hands gripping the countertop.

"It's for the best. There's to many memories to stay." The red head tried to reason but Blue wasn't listening. "That's exactly why we should stay." She argued. Everyone made their way to the living room so the two could discuss this change.
"No... I can't sit here and not think about Baylen." Just by saying his name gave Blue the chills. "But that's selfish." Blue said, angry tears forming.

"It's not. Now, we're moving whether you like it or not." With that, Mandy got up and went to her room. Blue exhaled, leaning against the counter.

This was the home she grew up in. The one that held so many memories. But she had to realize nothing would ever be the same again.

Vance walked in again, standing by her. "If you want, there's some people who'd want to see you." He spoke, referencing Clara, Bruce, and Gwen.
"Yeah... sure." She breathed out, going to get changed. Once she was done they left.

~~~

A/N: So, lots going on and I'm not excited to write it 😃
Comment and vote x