TWENTY ONE

THE TWO walked up the steps to Clara's house, sadness consuming them as they had to break the truth to her

THE TWO walked up the steps to Clara's house, sadness consuming them as they had to break the truth to her. Blue knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.
A few seconds past and Clara opened up to see the people she had been waiting for. "Blue!" She shouted happily, wrapping her arms around her.

Blue returned it immediately, a huge smile covering her face. "Vance!" Clara shouted, unexpectedly giving the boy a hug to. "Oh my gosh you guys are alive!" She shouted, pulling away with a smile.

"Where's Baylen?" She asked, still excited. Blue looked at the ground, afraid if she spoke tears would come pouring. Clara's smile faltered for a minute until it completely disappeared when Vance spoke.
"He didn't make it." He spoke sadly, shoving his hands in his pockets. "What?" Clara laughed in disbelief. "No... he can't be. Blue?" She asked, her voice quavering.

"He's telling the truth." Clara's heart broke and she started crying which caused Blue to cry. "I didn't even get to tell him." She sobbed, grabbing onto Blue. Vance scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"The funeral is in three days if you want to come." Blue told her, wiping her eyes. "Sure." Clara answered, tears still streaming down her pale face.
Clara couldn't even comprehend how hard that must be on Blue and Mandy. She could barely believe it either. The red head stopped crying for Blues sake, knowing she'd bawl her eyes out later.

"How about we go find Bruce?" She asked, replacing her frown with a smile. "Sounds good." The two linked arms, skipping down the road.
The two were laughing, both distracting themselves from their loss. Vance trailed behind, smiling at his girl being happy. She deserved it.

If only he knew what she was going to do to him.

The three walked to his house, knocking on the door. His little sister, Amy, opened the door. Her face had never looked happier. "Bruce! Bruce!" She yelled, going to get her brother.

Bruce came back down, a giant smile across his face. "I've missed you guys!" He said, hugging them tightly. "Where's Bay?" He asked, his face reading confusion.
"He... um... died." Blue got out, trying not to think much about it. Bruce's face fell, pulling Blue in for another hug.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, rubbing small circles on her back. Blue didn't reply, enjoying this time with Bruce.
They pulled away before deciding to get rid of the negative energy. "Gwen?" Everyone agreed, walking to the Blake's house.

"One of you get that!" A man's voice sounded after they knocked. Gwen opened the door, immediately jumping into Blues arms. "I've missed you! I've missed you! I've missed you!" She repeated over and over again.

"I missed you to." Blue smiled. Gwen wasn't that much younger than them but she still felt like the little sister she never had. Gwen hugged everyone else before they also broke the news to her.

She was definitely sad about his death but they tried to raise the mood again. "Milkshakes?" Blue suggested. Everyone agreed as they walked into town.
Vance walked next to Bruce, deciding he needed to make close friends. Something he hadn't done since grade school.

Blue, Clara, and Gwen all talked, catching up on a lot of things. They eventually arrived at the diner, going to their usual table.
It didn't feel the same without Baylen.

Blue forced on a smile and faked laughs, not wanting anyone to worry about her. But Vance knew it was all an act. No one acts that happy after their brother died.

He made sure to keep an eye on her the entire time she told the stories. "Wild." Bruce said, shaking his head before sipping his milkshake.
"Bruce is right. That's insane." Gwen added, her eyes widening. "I want you guys to meet Sadie and Mason." Blue spoke with a smile.

"I'm down." Clara said and the other two agreed. After their catch up session, they went back to Blues house.
They walked in, greeted by none other than Sadie. "Hi!" She said excitedly, waving at the three people she didn't recognize.

"Hey!" They replied. Blue introduced them, letting them get to know each other. While they were doing that she went to her room, looking around before letting out a breath.

All of this was gonna be different when they moved. Her new room would feel so foreign to her. It wouldn't feel the same. Just like everything else going on.
"Hey." A voice came from behind her. She looked to see Vance standing in the doorway. "Hi." She responded.

"Mom wants me home. As much as I don't want to, I'm doing it to make Mandy happy." He smiled a bit, standing up straight.
Blue smiled again, going over to her boyfriend. "I'm proud of you." He told her, kissing the top of her head. Those four words meant the world to Blue.

"Thank you." She replied, giving him a hug. He returned before he said his goodbyes and left. "Sadie is so cool." Clara ranted to Blue. "I know right." She replied, putting her head against the wall.

"You okay?" Clara asked, trying to find Blues eyes. "No." Blue admitted truthfully. "If you ever want to talk about anything, I'm right here." The red head said, putting a hand on her knee.

Blue looked at her and smiled a bit. "Thank you." "Of course." The two smiled at each other.
     After hanging out a bit, Clara, Bruce, and Gwen went home. "I'm going house shopping tomorrow. Do you want to come?" Mandy asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm good." Blue replied, not in the mood to argue about it. Mandy nodded, going back to her room. Sadie sat next to Blue, putting an arm around her shoulder.
       "You want to talk?" The blonde asked, playing with small strands of Blues hair. "Not really." She whispered, leaning her head on Sadie's shoulder.

"I just want to let you know you have so many people who love you. Vance, Clara, Mandy, Gwen, Mason, and me." She told the younger girl, squeezing her a bit. "I'm always right here."

Blue smiled, snuggling into Sadie's side. She closed her eyes, expecting some weird images to show up. Luckily, there was none.
Mandy walked out, smiling to herself at them before going to talk to Colby. "Sadie?" Blue asked, eyes still closed. "Hmm." She hummed.

"Have you ever had to make a decision you knew would make the other person sad but it'd benefit you?" She asked, turning her head to look at the blonde.
"Yeah, it ended pretty well. Why're you asking?" She asked, looking down at Blue. "I um... I have to do something I've been dreading but I think it's for the best."

Sadie looked at her with worry before nodding. "Do what you think is right." Blue nodded, playing out the possibility of what could happen tomorrow.

~~~

A/N: if y'all thought this was going to be happy again... you thought wrong.
Comment and vote x