THREE

THREE PEOPLE, one car. At this point everyone felt like ripping their hair out. Baylen was third wheeling Vance and Blue. Blue had to cut off their arguments or had to listen to them laugh like maniacs. And Vance had to witness a lot of sibling fights.

Vance and Blue had been taking turns driving since Blue got tired the first time. Luckily, it was now 8:00pm and Baylen had passed out in the back.
          Blue twirled her hair around her fingers as she stared out of the window, soft music playing from the speakers.

Vance looked over at her, placing a hand on her thigh. She looked at him and gave a light smile before looking out the window again. She was exhausted but felt bad if Vance was still the only one awake.

"Blue?" He asked quietly. "Hm?" She hummed, playing with his fingers with her open hand. "You're beautiful." He randomly said, causing the girl to look at him.
       "Thank you." Her facial features softened. "Of course." It was random but she loved it when he complimented her.

"You tired?" He asked. "Yeah, but I'm not gonna sleep." She replied, rubbing circles on the back of his hand. "Why not?" He asked again, looking at her for a moment before back at the road. "Because I feel bad for leaving you up alone."

He scoffed. "Gorgeous, you can sleep whenever the hell you want." She smiled at him before taking it into consideration. Her eyelids closed, darkness consuming her.
       A car seat was not the most comfortable place to sleep but at the moment she really didn't care.

~~~

Morning came, waking Baylen and Blue almost immediately. She rubbed her eyes before opening them. The glare of the sun shot into her pupils causing her to groan.
"What time is it?" She asked, rolling her head to look at Vance. "6:30." He replied. "Morning by the way." "Morning. Do you want me to drive?" She asked, sitting upright.

"That would be nice." He pulled the car over, getting out so Blue could get in. She drove, looking at signs that would lead her to the shop Sadie owned.
       Baylen woke up screaming. "Bro, you okay?" Blue asked, whipping her head around to him. "Eyes on the road." Vance mumbled. "Shit, my bad. But seriously are you okay?"

Baylen looked forward then out the window. "Yeah." He breathed out, running a hand through his hair. "You didn't sound okay." Vance said, looking at him. "I'm fine." He replied, leaning his head back on the seat.

Blue looked at her brother worriedly through the review mirror but didn't say anything. Whatever he was dreaming of wasn't good.

Soon enough they arrived at the shop. "You two can come if you want." Blue told them, getting out and sighing. She walked up to the store, opening the door.
The little bell chimed, alerting anyone in there. "Blue?!" A voice called out. Blue immediately looked to where the voice came from.

"Sadie!" She yelled once she saw the blonde. The girl ran up to her, giving her the biggest hug she could give.
"I thought I was never gonna see you again." The younger girl said, looking up at her. "Same." Sadie replied. "You look beautiful." Blue complimented.

Sadie's hair had definitely got lighter and shorter but she looked amazing. "Thank you." She smiled. "So do you." Blue smiled back. "So, what're you doing here in the first place?" The blonde asked confused.

"Nolan's men are back for revenge. It's really pathetic but I'm on the run. Again." She laughed, looking at the ground.
    "Oh." Sadie replied, not sure what to say. "Yeah... so we have nowhere to stay. Are you and Mason still talking?" She asked, looking back at her.

"I have no idea. He's on and off, I don't get it." She shrugged. "I'm sorry, I-." Before she could finish Sadie cut her off. "But I'm sure he'll be happy to have you. Is Vance with you?" The blonde asked, looking behind her.

"Yep. My brother is with me to." Sadie nodded before looking at one of her co-workers. "Claudia, take my shift?" The woman nodded and Sadie went to go grab her things.
          Once she was done she walked outside to see Vance and Baylen leaning against the car. "Vance!" Sadie shouted.

He looked up and smiled a little. "Hey Sadie." Before he could protest Sadie had already hugged him. "Oh you've grown so much since the last time." She smiled, pulling away.
       Vance nodded. He thought he looked the same but he let her have a moment.

"This your brother?" She asked, pointing at Baylen. "Mhm." Sadie looked at him then smiled. "I'm Sadie and you are?" She said, sticking out her hand. "Baylen." He replied, shaking it.

"Okay, you guys can follow me." She told them before getting into her car. The others got in theirs, following Sadie to Masons cabin.
   "How can you guys trust her?" Baylen asked, leaning forward on the console. "She practically saved my life." Blue replied. He nodded, still not trusting the woman.

~~~

Soon later they had arrived. They walked up the steps, Sadie knocking on the door. It opened, revealing his face. "Sadie, thank God, I need to ta- Bullet?! Curly head?!" He shouted, looking at the two kids.
        "Hi." They waved. "My children!" He shouted, wrapping his arms around the both of them.

Vance and Blue looked at each other. "Wouldn't it be weird if we're were siblings?" Vance asked, grabbing her hand. Mason and Sadie looked at each other before putting two and two together.
Their eyes went wide. "I knew it! I called it!" Sadie yelled, pointing at them. "No, I did! Didn't I sense this would happen?!" Mason yelled, turning towards Sadie.

"Calm down." Blue laughed. "Who's that guy?" Mason asked, pointing at Baylen. "This is my brother, Baylen. Baylen this is Mason, the guy who saved my life." She smiled at Mason and he smiled back.

"Oh, the Mason?" Baylen asked, looking at Blue to Mason. "Yep. Apparently I'm a name to you." He smiled, feeling proud of himself.
"Of course you are. You saved my sisters life." The younger boy replied. Mason gave another smile.

"Okay, but why we're really here is to ask if they can stay? Nolan's men found them and want revenge." Sadie summed it up. "Again? Jeez, they don't ever take a break. But yeah you guys can chill here for as long as you want."
They thank him, walking inside. "Sick place." Baylen complimented. "Thanks. Built it myself."

Baylens eyes widened. "Damn." He said, looking around. "Okay, so there's three rooms so one for Sadie, one for Vance and Blue, and one for him." Sadie stopped in her tracks.
"You gonna sleep on the couch? We always shared a bed." She asked confused.

Over the months without the other two, Sadie and Mason had been off and on. They'd hook up, spend the night together, and get along all week until Mason decided he was gonna lose contact with her until the next time.

Sadie was so confused why he did that and it hurt. She just wanted him to want her back.

"Um... yeah." He replied. The other three stood there until Mason spoke up. "Here's your room, Bayleen." He mispronounced his name, not remembering it off the top of his head. "It's Baylen and thank you." He said, going into the room.
"Your room is the same as last time." He told the two. "Okay, thank you." Blue smiled, pulling Vance with her.

~~~

A/N: reunited 😎 comment and vote x