Chapter 6

Owlstorm leapt over the stream into WindClan territory. It was the second night after Mousewhisker was found dead. The teeth marks in his throat showed that he was killed by a cat, and earlier that day, there were traces of ShadowClan scent inside the ThunderClan borders. Bramblestar ruled that Mousewhisker was murdered by a ShadowClan cat.

Owlstorm shuddered at the thought of a murderer in ShadowClan, killing cats in cold blood. He couldn't imagine any cat in ThunderClan being a murderer, thank StarClan, and he was thankful that it wasn't Mintfeather or Hollystrike that were killed. Owlstorm didn't know what he'd do without his sisters. Then he had an even worse thought, What if had been Wildfire that was killed? Owlstorm pictured Wildfire's limp body, his fur splattered in blood. The image was too painful, and Owlstorm instead focused on the gathering. Would Bramblestar say anything about Mousewhisker's murderer being from ShadowClan?

Over a rise in the moor, Onestar apeared with his cats, and they joined the ThunderClan cats on their way to the Gathering. The cats continued on and soon they reached the tree bridge. RiverClan was already there. Owlstorm hoped that Wildfire was there. He hopped onto the tree after Mintfeather and made his way to the island. 

The first thing he did was look for Wildfire. He stood at the edge of the clearing, and scanned the crowd for his fiery pelt. Owlstorm finally saw him, talking to his sister, Spottedfire. When Spottedfire saw him padding over, she got up and left, giving Owlstorm an icy glare as she brushed past him. He ignored her and greeted Wildfire. 

"Hi Owlstorm!" He greeted. "I have something important to tell you." He then mewed in a hushed tone. 

"What is it?" Owlstorm asked. Wildfire looked around quickly, making sure no cat was evesdropping. 

"StarClan came to me in a dream. They gave me a prophecy. The wild will go home, to join the owl whose destiny he shares. Forgotten bloodline will be found. and the truth will be revealed." Owlstorm was lost for words. What could it mean? Who could wild and owl be? 

Sensing Owlstorm's confusion, Wildfire explained. "The wild and owl is me and you, mousebrain. I think I at least understand the beginning. I have to come live with you in ThunderClan." Owlstorm still couldn't think of what to say. Would Bramblestar accept him? 

"When are you leaving RiverClan?" He asked. 

"I'm not sure. Maybe in a moon or so. I need time to talk it over with Spottedfire. I don't know how she's going to handle this. And I have no idea what the rest of the prophecy means." 

"Just know that whatever you choice you make, I will always support you." Wildfire quickly licked his cheek. The leaders were in their perch in the Great Oak, ready to start the meeting. 

Bramblestar spoke first. "Since Squirrelflight is busy taking care of our kits, Lionblaze is the deputy until the kits are apprentices." The cats in clearing turned to look at Lionblaze, and some of the cats, Mainly from ThunderClan, started chanting his name. Bramblestar waited for the cheering to quiet down before continuing. "Sandstorm, Leafpool, and Mousewhisker have gone to join the ranks of StarClan." 

Gasps rang out across the clearing. Once again Bramblestar waited for the clearing to be quiet. " We also have three new warriors. Hollystrike, Mintfeather, and Owlstorm." The cats cheered his and his littermates names. Owlstorm felt like he could just forget about all the problems. The prophecy, the murder, and if the clan will accept his mate.