Chapter 4

When you see '***' It just means a time skip.

_______________________

Hollypaw chewed the vole she was eating, while thinking about what happened the night before. In the Dark Forest, Breezepelt discovered that Redwillow had been training Tanglepaw, a ShadowClan apprentice, with her claws sheathed. The Dark Forest leader had swiftly killed him, destroying his spirit forever. He deserved it, She thought.

Suddenly, a strange scent wrapped around her. It smelled of ThunderClan, but it didn't belong to any cat that she knew. A war will break out, between the light and the dark, A strange voice whispered in her ear, and only when three destinies collide, will the clans be safe. Hollypaw didn't know what to think of this. Was it a StarClan cat?

If it was a StarClan cat, then what that cat said had to be a prophecy, and if the prophecy was given to her, then it must be about her. But she trained in the Dark Forest. Every night she visited she was becoming more and more like them. She knew they were brutal, but their training sessions were making her such a better warrior than Bumblestripe's training had.

StarClan was weak. They always gave cats stupid prophecies because they were afraid of the truth. The Place of No Stars didn't try to hide the raw truth. That soon a threat will endanger the clans, and even StarClan won't be able stop it. Now today, after she passes her final assessment, She will finally be warrior during the day, and in her dreams.

Her nightly training with Breezepelt has brought both of them a lot closer. Hollypaw wasn't sure what exactly their relationship was, but she knew it was more than just mentor and apprentice. I guess I'll give it time, She thought, I don't even know what I expect from this.

"Hollypaw! Time for your assessment!" Bumblestripe called to her. Hollypaw wasn't worried about failing, she knew she would easily pass.

"I'm coming." She said through a mouthful of vole. She quickly swallowed, and followed Bumblestripe into the forest.

***

Hollypaw easily passed her assessment, just like she thought she would, and so did Mintpaw and Owlpaw. The three seemed to be growing apart more and more as they got older, and now, the day they were to become warriors, they were only as close as distant friends, not being able to find the time to talk with each other.

"All cats who can catch their own prey, join here beneath the highledge for a clan meeting!" Bramblestar's voice rang out across the clearing. Hollypaw watched as cats emerged into the clearing from various dens. Jayfeather and Briarlight sat outside the medicine den, and Millie quickly scurried over to sit next to her disabled daughter. Dewdrop, Snowwhisker and Amberbreeze sat next to each other, and Dovewing, Bumblestripe, and Ivypool sat to the side of them.

When the clan was quiet, Bramblestar spoke. "Dustpelt has decided that it is the right time for him to join the elders." A few cats nodded their heads. It was understandable, after seeing how Sandstorm had died, that he would become an elder. But about my warrior ceremony? Hollypaw thought.

The old brown warrior sat underneath the Highledge. "Dustpelt," Bramblestar began, "Is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?"

"It is." Dustpelt meowed solemnly.

"Your clan honors you, and all the service you have given to us. I call upon StarClan to give you many moons of rest." When Bramblestar had spoken the last word, the clan started chanting his name.

"Dustpelt! Dustpelt! Dustpelt!" Dustpelt walked back into the crowd and sat down.

When the clan had once more quieted down, Bramblestar spoke again. "With one warrior joining the elders, I am proud to announce that Mintpaw, Hollypaw, and Owlpaw have completed their training."  Hollypaw walked up to sit below Highledge, and Mintpaw and Owlpaw followed. Bramblestar's gaze shifted to Bumblestripe, Ivypool, and Dovewing. "Are these three ready to become warriors?" The mentors nodded their approval. "I, Bramblestar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I condemn them to you as warriors in their turn."

Bramblestar looked at the apprentices, and continued. "Mintpaw, Hollypaw, and Owlpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect your clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do." Hollypaw said strongly, her mew followed by the weak voices of Mintpaw and Owlpaw.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Mintpaw, from this moment you will be known as Mintfeather, StarClan honors your honesty and patience, and we welcome you as a full member of ThunderClan. Owlpaw, from this moment you will be known as Owlstorm, StarClan honors your cleverness, and loyalty, and we welcome you as a full member of ThunderClan."

Finally, Bramblestar looked at Hollypaw. "Hollypaw, from this moment you will be known as Hollystrike, StarClan honors your determination and strength, and we welcome you as a full member of ThunderClan." Hollypaw licked Bramblestar's shoulder, and the clan started cheering their new names. Hollystrike, She thought, I like that name.