Chapter 26 - The Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

"Wow! Right in my face?" asked Natalie with tears in her eyes, the areas around her eyes turning black as her makeup mixed with her tears. "Hey Olivia...." She trailed off. "Ethan and I are getting married tomorrow! Tomorrow! Did you hear that? Stay far away from him!"

Extremely irritated, he dragged her to the parking lot as she constantly yelled at Olivia to stay away.

Angela just stood there with wide eyes as she wondered if that was how Natalie always reacted whenever she was infuriated.

"This all happened because of the way you and Mr Hudson looked at each other," said Angela.

Olivia's forehead creased. "Was it that obvious?"

Angela squealed as she described what she saw between the two of them and it should have been at that moment that Olivia should've shown any form of amusement but her face had turned gloomy and when Angela asked what was wrong, she sighed deeply.

"Natalie said they're getting married tomorrow."

Angela's smile instantly faded as she cleared her throat and suggested that they return to their table.

Once they sat at their table, the mood changed for Olivia and she could only think about the wedding the following day.

Suddenly, Olivia groaned with discomfort as she placed a hand on her forehead and Angela rose to her feet as she shook her head and asked if something was wrong since that wasn't the first time Olivia had groaned that way. Just like the past few days, Olivia assured her that it was nothing serious and there was no need to be alarmed.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" asked Angela.

"I'm fine." She slouched with a pout and blinked rapidly with a forced chuckle. "Do you know why I wanted to come to this restaurant? It's because it has such a beautiful memory for me, one of the few where Ethan genuinely took care of me. It's also because I missed him." Her voice cracked and she held back her tears.

Angela instantly held onto her hand to comfort her. "I can tell that you really miss him."

"The two of them are getting married tomorrow and I never thought I'd say this but it hurts, more than ever because this is it."

As Olivia expressed her feelings, she fought hard to hold back her tears. Despite not being certain what her true feelings for him were, she knew in her heart that she was about to lose him to Natalie forever.

~

Meanwhile, the moment Ethan and Natalie got in the backseat of their car, she crossed her arms and glared at him.

"Why did you go into that restaurant? It's because you saw that car and walked in because you wanted to see Olivia, right? And don't even get me started on the way you two kept looking at each other!"

Not wanting to respond, he looked outside the window in silence and it only infuriated her even more, so much that she hit his chest as she demanded for him to speak up.

Irritated, he held onto her wrists with tight grips and yelled for her to shut up. His glare and grips were so tight that she could only breathe hard and dared not say a word, scared of what he might do next.

"You act more out of control every time," he said.

"What do you expect?"

"I'm marrying you tomorrow, aren't I? Just focus on your wedding day."

"My wedding day?" She scoffed.

"Yes," he said harshly, clenching his jaw.

The moment he let her go, she crossed her arms again and tapped her foot as she thought about how she still intended to get married to him no matter what would happen. She had already come so far to give up on such a catch.