Chapter 18

It was now time for the wedding and they had everything set up just the way that they wanted it. It was being held in the garden behind the mansion, so there was not much set up that needed to be done other than the chairs for the ceremony and the tent with tables and chairs for the reception.

"So, are you ready for this?" Barry asked Oliver as the two were getting ready in Oliver's room.

"You know this is just for the people at home Barry. I already consider myself married to Laurel. This will just make it official." Oliver said.

"Yeah, I know. I was just wondering if you were feeling nervous." Barry said.

"Not at all. So, when are you and my sister getting married?" Oliver asked and they made Barry shut up really quickly.

Oliver laughed at his best friend. "Nothing to say to that I see." Oliver said, still laughing.

"Actually, I talked to Clark about asking her to marry me. I even talked to your parents as well. They all said yes. Now I just have a question for you." Barry said.

"And what would that be?" Oliver asked.

"Do you mind if I ask her during the reception?" Barry asked.

"I don't mind at all, but I have a good idea for you. We will need to talk to Laurel after the wedding to set everything up though." Oliver said.

"Sounds good to me." Barry said as they both continued to get ready for the wedding.

. . .

Laurel and Sara were now in another room getting themselves ready for the wedding as well. Laurel was already in her dress and she had someone in front of her doing her makeup and doing her hair.

"You look beautiful, Laurel." Sara said.

"Thanks Sara." Laurel said.

"Barry was looking a little nervous when I saw him earlier. There is only one reason I can think of him being so nervous." Sara said.

"What would that be?" Laurel asked.

"I think he is going to ask Kara to marry him." Sara said.

"Well, that is great. Maybe we can come up with something to help him out with that. Maybe we can make sure that Kara catches the flowers and then he can propose then." Laurel said.

"That would be a great idea. Let's talk to him about it after the wedding is over." Sara said and Laurel nodded as the two continued to get ready.

. . .

Oliver and Barry were now standing up in front of the crowd with the preacher waiting for the wedding to start. It didn't take much time for the music to start playing and then Sara was walking down the aisle. Then the music changed again and this time it was Laurel and Quentin walking down the aisle. Once Laurel had made it to the front of the crowd with her dad she joined Oliver and the wedding started.

It was a very quick and beautiful ceremony and soon Oliver and Laurel were making their way to the back of the crowd so that they could take pictures and then they would make their way to the reception in the tent.

Once the pictures were done, Oliver and Barry pulled Laurel and Sara to the side so that they could all talk. "So, what is it that you two want to talk about?" Sara asked as she and Laurel had an idea of what was going on.

"Barry wants to ask Kara to marry him. I have an idea for that though." Oliver said.

"What would that be?" Laurel asked.

"I think it would be fun if Kara caught the flowers and Barry proposed to her then." Oliver said.

"Great minds think alike Sis. We were thinking that Barry was going to propose and we came up with the same idea. We just need to make sure that Thea and Shado let her catch the flowers." Sara said.

"I don't think they will have a problem with that once they hear what is going on." Oliver said.

"I don't either. Good luck Barry. Oh and for the record, you might want to not worry about this so much. It is obvious that you are nervous about something." Laurel said.

"Thanks for your help guys. I couldn't do this without you." Barry said.

"It's what family is for." Sara said and they all turned to make their way to the reception.

. . .

They had talked to all of the girls who would be out there for the flower toss and they had all agreed to let Kara catch the flowers and make it not look obvious. Now that everything was set, it was now time to enjoy the night since it was a wedding after all. Oliver and Laurel had their first dance and then Laurel danced with her father and Oliver danced with his mother. They then ate and made their way around the tent to talk to the people that they hadn't had a chance to talk to yet.

It was now time for the flower toss and all of the girls who were not married came forward. Laurel threw the flowers and just as planned, Kara caught the flowers. Barry didn't come out though and this confused everyone who knew of the plan.

Now it was time for the garter toss. Oliver was still looking at Barry confused, but he turned around and tossed the garter. Barry used a bit of his speed and this enabled him to catch the garter.

Now was the time for Barry to put the garter on Kara. When he bent down to one knee to put the garter on her he had the ring box in his hand and once he had the garter on her leg he put her dress back down and Kara then saw the ring box.

Barry remained on one knee and said, "Kara I am so very in love with you. You help me out when I get down about my mom being dead and my dad being in jail. You are the only one who has ever been able to do that for me. I love you so much babe. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

"Yes. I will marry you Barry." Kara said as they both kissed then and then everyone was clapping for the newly engaged couple.

It didn't take long for the party to get back started. Tommy was one of the first ones to come up and congratulate his friends. They knew they needed to do more to include him in their lives since they were all back now, it was just hard with their night jobs, but they were going to make a pact now that they would all hang out with him more now. They had always been friends, so why wouldn't they hang out after all.

The party went well into the night and everyone had fun. This was what they all needed. They needed some time away from their night jobs and this was the perfect thing for that.

The Fighting of Many EvilsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara