Chapter 2

Once everyone was back at the Queen Mansion they knew that it was time to talk to Clark and Lois. Moira and Robert had just gone to bed, so they had the privacy that they needed. Clark and Lois were sitting on one couch with Oliver and Laurel sitting on the other. Thea and Kara were both in chairs.

"So, ask your questions, Kal." Kara said.

"What happened out there?" Clark asked.

"Well, the Gambit went down. We all made it to a life raft and we ended up on Lian Yu." Kara said.

"Yeah, I get that. Why didn't you just fly everyone to safety though?" Clark asked.

"So, that is the weird part. A man named Mar Novu showed up and he told us that he needed us to stay there and get training so that we could stop a crisis that would be coming in the future. I think you will be a part of all of this as well, Kal, but you were already trained and were out in the hero world, so he didn't need to come to you." Kara said.

"Ok. Training. I get that. So, what kind of skills do you have now?" Lois asked.

"We are all proficient in most kinds of martial arts and different kinds of weapons. It will help if Kara somehow loses her powers. That will make it so that she doesn't have to sit on the sidelines." Oliver said.

"Yeah, I wish I had something like that. I might have to get some lessons from all of you at some point in time." Clark said.

"We will be happy to help you, Clark." Laurel said.

"Thanks. So, I am sure that there is more to the story." Clark said.

"Yeah, there is. After we were trained on the island, one of our trainers turned on us. We stopped him and the people he was working for. Then we were picked up by a group called the League of Assassins picked us up and that is where we learned most of our skills. We were sent out on three missions while we were with them. One was when in Hong Kong. We had to stop the Triad and then a rogue General from setting off a device that had a deadly toxin inside. The second mission we were actually back on Lian Yu and stopping a group from getting an idol that worked only with deaths. The third mission was to go to Russia and stop a man who wanted to take over the country. That was only a short time ago." Kara said.

"Wow, I think you might be more prepared than Clark is. It sounds like y'all already know what you are doing." Lois said.

"We have some experience, but there is always more to learn." Oliver said.

"What about you, Thea? Are you trained like the rest of them?" Lois asked.

"Yeah, Ra's even said that I was one of the best fighters he has ever taught." Thea said.

"She is good. The only people that she has any problems beating are Oliver and Laurel." Kara said.

"What about you, Kara?" Clark asked.

"I am good, but not as good as some of the others. I use my powers quite a bit so that makes up for it." Kara said and Clark nodded at that.

"When do you think you are going to get out and protect the city?" Lois asked.

"We want to give it a month or two so that people will have suspicions that it is us because we started too soon after we returned home." Oliver said.

"That actually does make sense. That will definitely help with suspicion like you said. Just know that if you even need my help all you have to do is call." Clark said and the others nodded.

"Well, it is getting late. I think we should all go and get some rest." Lois said and the others stood up as well and they went upstairs to go to sleep.

. . .

The next morning everyone decided to stay in for the day and spend some time with Clark, Lois and Jonathan. Jonathan had taken well to Kara, which was a good thing, since he was going to be seeing her a lot in the future.

"He is so cute, Lois. I am sorry that I haven't been here all of his life." Kara said.

"Don't worry about that, Kara. You are here now and that is the most important thing." Lois said.

"So, how did this happen anyway? I didn't think that humans and Kryptonians were compatible." Kara said.

"I don't know how it happened to tell you the truth, but I am happy that it did. I hope that you can have this one day." Lois said.

"I hope so too. I have a while before I am ready for that though." Kara said.

"I can understand that. I can't wait to see you and the rest of your friends out in the field. Maybe you can show Clark and I your base of operations before we head home." Lois said.

"That won't be a problem. We will need to go there tonight and train anyway. We already had last night off. We can't start slacking off." Kara said.

"We will be sure to go with you tonight then. Maybe you can show me some new stuff as well." Lois said.

"I would be happy to. I am so glad that you guys are here. I have missed you so much." Kara said.

"We have missed you too. I don't know how many times I had to talk Clark down from going out and looking for you." Lois said.

"I guess you figured that all of us were alive then?" Kara asked.

"We did. We figured that you probably got everyone to an island or something like that. We just didn't know why you didn't come home sooner. Now we know though." Lois said.

"Yeah, we needed to learn all of the skills that we could before we came home. Why don't we go over and join everyone else. They look like they are having fun." Kara said as she and Lois went over and joined the others and they all had fun for the rest of the day.