Chapter 47: Mind Activation Stage

Начните с самого начала

At Nameless Medicine Hut, the tea boy looked at the rain outside. “Forebear, which cultivator successfully passed their ordeal?”

The chair swung slightly. Spirit Master Nameless opened his eyes, raised a hand, and said, “Go get basins, and get the rain.” Using this kind of water to make pills was beneficial.

The medicine servants went into the courtyard with containers to catch rainwater. Spirit Master Nameless looked at the darkening sky, snorted, and closed his eyes again.

“Forebear, the cultivators from a week ago have missed their appointment.” The tea boy sat on the stairs. “The next time they come, should I beat them out of the door with a stick?”

Spirit Master Nameless said without opening his eyes, “Even I cannot defeat those three. If you have that kind of bravery, do it.”

“So strong?” The boy laughed. “They are guests. While they are not reliable, I also will not fight at the slightest conflict. If this spreads, it will ruin Forebear’s reputation.”

Seeing Forebear ignoring him, the boy felt slightly embarrassed. He turned and ran into the yard with a large bowl to catch rainwater.

The cultivators around the inn had not expected that the cultivator in the courtyard would pass the dream ordeal. They only realized it was all over when the cold rainwater landed on their bodies. The cultivators on the trees jumped down and ran to open spaces to bathe in the rain. Some men even took off their outer robes and revealed their upper bodies.

This was rain after a dream ordeal. It had a greater amount of spirit energy than the rain after normal ordeals.

In the room where the lightning had created a big hole, a white hand stretched out from the wreckage and patted around. It only touched shattered brick and cold rain. Kong Hou was still slightly bewildered. She had been sleeping and then was struck by lightning?

She pushed away the wood pressing on her body. Kong Hou climbed out of the wreckage. Countless curious pairs of eyes stared at her, and frightened her into moving several steps back. Where did these people come from? They all came to see her get struck by lightning?

“It’s all right.” Huan Zhong put a brocade robe giving off a faint medicinal fragrance over her. Huan Zhong bent down and extended his hand to her. “You cannot stay in this room. Come with me.”

Kong Hou gave her hand to Huan Zhong and found that her hand was dirty. She had also transferred the dirt to Huan Zhong’s clean hand. She felt slightly embarrassed but Huan Zhong did not seem to notice this. He used his other hand to pull the outer robe higher on her. “Are you uncomfortable anywhere?”

Kong Hou shook her head.

“Path Friends, please return. We need to clean up this place, and will not interrupt everyone’s rest.” Lin Hu saw Kong Hou follow Master to the neighboring room without noticing the men who had taken off their clothes to stand in the rain. He bowed to everyone. “Path Friends, thank you for your concern.”

Those men who had taken off their clothing were slightly embarrassed. They had thought it was a male cultivator, not a young girl. Without needing Lin Hu to urge them, they squeezed out of the yard holding their clothing and caused a wave of laughter.

After ushering Kong Hou to the neighboring room, Huan Zhong saw that she was dripping water. Even the robe he had put on her was wet. He moved to the door. “Change first; I will come back later.”

Kong Hou looked down at herself and found her clothing was both dirty and damaged, as though she had rolled on the ground before crawling back up. She took out a mirror to check her face. Her face was covered in dust, her hair in snarls. She looked extremely disheveled.