Preference #34: You run into his ex-girlfriend

Harry: “Hi.” Harry is cordial to his ex-girlfriend, Taylor Swift. She looks at him for a moment before replying. “Hey.” There seems to be an awkward tension before she speaks again, noticing your hand in his. “(Y/N) right?” She asks, holding out a hand for you. You drop Harry’s for a moment, shaking hers with a nod. A fan calls to Harry, pulling the both of you away from the strained conversation. “Do you still like her?” You ask once he’s taken a few pictures and spoken with some of his adoring fans. “Not at all. There was never really that spark there with her like I have with you. I’ve got eyes for only you now.” He puts his hand back in yours, holding you closer to his heart than he ever has any girl before.

Louis: For a moment you see that spark in his eyes when he sees her, holding out an arm as she hugs him. “This is (Y/N).” He comments, smiling as you’re polite, reaching out your hand to shake with hers. “Nice to meet you.” You smile. You know Louis isn’t quite over her and that it’s taking time to move on from their previous relationship, but the love that he has with you grows stronger with every passing moment, sure to surpass anything he’s ever had with another girl. It’ll only take time.

Niall: “You’re (Y/N) right?” A girl asks. You realize when you turn to her that it’s Holly, Niall’s old flame. “That’s me.” You smile, both of you looking at the same rack of clothes. “How’s Niall been? I haven’t seen him in a while.” She makes small talk with you, the conversation with her easy as you know they’re still acquainted. “They’re touring right now so you know he’s good. He loves it more than anything.” You answer. Her response surprises you. “Except for you. He’s told me about you before. I’m glad he found someone.” She sounds sincere in her response, shocking you as one of Niall’s ex-girlfriend’s reveals how much he really loves you.

Liam: Your heart races as Danielle and Liam talk alone, standing at the bar, her hand on his arm as you come back from the bathroom. You take a deep breath, walking slowly over to him, her hand dropping when she sees you. “You must be (Y/N). She smiles, leaning over to put an uncomfortable arm around you. Liam’s wraps around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him as she makes her exit. “So, what were you two talking about?” You ask, looking up at him, your eyes filled with worry. He giggles, pressing a kiss to the top of your forehead before he answers. “Don’t worry. I was just telling her about my amazing girlfriend. She says you better take good care of me.”

Zayn: “Zayn!” Perrie squeals, running right into his arms. Her hands link around his neck and you cringe from the thought of physical contact between them. Your hand grips his tighter. Since their breakup you’ve been known in the fandom as “rebound girl”, but your relationship with Zayn has been so much more than that. “Perrie, this is my girlfriend (Y/N).” Zayn interrupts her chatter to introduce you. Without thinking you hook your arm around Zayn’s, leaning onto him in an effort to state that he’s yours. When you part ways Zayn laughs, pressing a kiss to your head. “You’re cute when you’re jealous.”