Preference #92: Scars

Liam: You and Liam sat on the roof of your grandparents’s house, just talking. “Hey, Y/N, how’d you get this scar?" Liam asked as he traced the scar on your palm. “I was about 4, and I was at my aunt’s house in the clubhouse my uncle built. I was basically mocking my cousin and I fell against a wall and a nail sliced my hand opened." You explained. “That’s called karma, babe. Don’t mock people or you’ll get hurt." He smiled and kissed your scar.

Niall: You and Niall were going to go out to the pool at your house, since it was the only hot day you’d probably ever see in London. “Y/N? Why do you have scars on your wrist?" Lux asked you. It was also your turn to babysit Lux. “Uh, someday I’ll tell you why." You forced a smile as you crossed your arms over your stomach, suddenly feeling sick. Later that night, you laid in bed with Niall, just being with each other. “Y/N, why do you have scars on your wrist?" He asked as he traced all the scars. “Middle school and high school were tough years. I went to school happy, came home in tears, everyday. It finally got to be too much, so I pulled out the razor and made the first cut. I’ve been cutting ever since." Your voice faded out as tears threatened to spill. “Y/N, please stop. Just stop." Niall looked as if he were about to cry. “Here." He grabbed a Sharpie from the bedside table next to him and drew a heart on your wrist. “This is my heart. Now, anytime you cut, you’ll be breaking my heart." He kissed your forehead and pulled you closer. “I love you, so much. And I hate that you did this to yourself, but these scars made you who you are and I love you." “I love you, too, Niall." You sniffled, thinking maybe, just maybe, you had found your rock.

Harry: You were at a family gathering, and you brought your boyfriend, Harry. “Has anyone told you how much of a clumsy baby, Y/N was? We all called her ‘Crack Your Head Open’ cos everywhere she went she got a new scar." Your mum laughed as she came over to you and Harry. “Mum, can you not embarrass me? Please?" You begged. She ignored your plea. “When she was only a year and a half, she managed to pull a highchair down and it hit her right on top of her nose. That’s how she got this scar." Your mum said, pointing to the small scar. “Hmm, I never noticed that before. It’s actually quite cute." Harry smiled and kissed your cheek. “What other scars haven’t I seem?" He smiled as you both walked to other family members.

Zayn: You were having a lazy day with Zayn on one hos rare days off. “Zayn, where did you get this scar?" You asked as you pondered what kind of adventure caused it. “Oh, that ole’ thing? I got that from Doniya. We were ‘fighting’ and I fell and smashed my shin on the edge of the fireplace. I had to get three stitches." Zayn smiled at the memory. “Now I get to ask you about one of your scars. How’d you get this one?" He asked pointing to a scar on your hip. “I was 13, and an idiot, and I wanted to give myself one of those scar tattoo things, so I took a knife and started carving into my hip. It hurt really bad so I chickened out, thus creating, my scar." You spent the rest of the day telling stories of how you got every scar. You each took turns and in the end, Zayn had fallen deeper in love with you than when he started out.

Louis: It came up during a random late night, where neither of you could sleep. “Where’d you get that scar?" It was asked first by him, about the scar on your neck. “It’s the scar every girl has. A curling iron. They make your hair look nice, but damn do they hurt." You replied. Louis simply nodded. What about that one?" He asked, intrigued by the scar on your leg. Your night continued with him asking about every scar and listening intently to the story of how it created another thing for him to love.