Preference #82: You Two Get Stuck on a Ferris Wheel

Niall: It had already taken him a lot of begging and pleading to convince you to get in the Ferris wheel with him. “I don’t like heights! What if we get stuck!?” Were both some of your protests, but eventually he did one of his adorable Niall Horan faces and you agreed. It actually wasn’t that bad until about halfway up when the whole thing shuddered and came to a halt. “I told you!” You practically screamed at your boyfriend. “Y/N, calm down. It’ll start up in a second. Shh, calm down.” You were having a mild panic attack and Niall reached over pulling your face so that you were looking into his eyes and his fingers wove into the hair at the back of your head. And he sang to you quietly for the next few minutes until the ride began moving again to the cheers of the other passengers.

Zayn: It was the middle of the day when the two of you got on the ride. You both knew the tendency of Ferris wheels to stop and not move for a while, but you risked it anyway. And of course it did stop on you two, leaving you stranded at the very, very top. You looked out over the edge of the basket thing and saw that you could see really far. “Zayn, we can see everything!” You pointed down to the ground where all of the people looked like little ants.

Harry: When you and Harold got stuck on the Ferris wheel, it wasn’t entirely and accident. He’d planned it, but not told you because these kind of things were normally a surprise. At the highest point of the ride, it stopped leaving you two sitting in the dark, with the stars shining down. It wasn’t the first time that this had happened either. Your first date had had this happen but it had been a different Ferris wheel. Harry just leaned back, looking up at the stars. “See that one, Y/N.” You followed his finger to see the Little Dipper. “And next to that is the Big Dipper.” For several moments he pointed the different constellations out to you, but then he stopped and waited a couple seconds before you heard him take a deep breath. “So, I’m guessing you’ve noticed that this is almost exactly like our first date?” You nodded your head, still looking at the inky sky overhead. “Well, I was wondering if you’d marry me, Y/N Y/L/N?” A cold piece of metal was slipped onto your finger and you finally looked down, a gasp spilling from your mouth. “Yes!” Of course you’d say yes, who else would go through all of the trouble of remaking your first date?

Louis: It was late when Lou begged you to go on the Ferris Wheel with him. Almost everyone was gone except for the wheel conductor or whatever he’s called, and even he was packing up to go home for the night. “Come on, man, just one last ride? For us?” He finally consented and you noticed that he kind of looked ill. When you were done being amazed at the top of the ride, it began moving back down and that’s when it just stopped, leaving the two of you to swing back and forth inside the large basket, meant to fit a group of four or five. “Hello?” Louis shouted down at the guy, but when he leaned over the man was nowhere to be found. He swore at the man for a couple minutes before he turned back to you. “So remember when you said you wanted to try sex in a public place?” “That was you that said that Lou.” You rolled your eyes. “Okay, so do you want to? Right here, right now?” And why not, there was no one around so who knows when you’ll be rescued. So that night you had sex on a Ferris Wheel and the next morning when they finally found you two, you walked away as if nothing had happened.

Liam: You were scared to go on the ride alone. One of your friends had dared you to ride it because she knew you hated doing things alone and this was what she chose. When you first got on you were alone in the little cart, but then it moved when someone else got on at the last second. You glanced over to see Liam Payne of One Direction sitting next to you. “Hi.” You voice comes out quietly. “Hey, you alright? You look nervous?” The ride starts and so does your nervous shaking, so you forget to reply until the ride stops. You know it’s normal for it to stop to let people on and off, but when was the last time that a Ferris wheel just stopped for like ten minutes? “I knew this was gonna happen. I didn’t even want to come on here!” You say. Liam turns his big brown eyes on you. “Me neither, but then I saw a pretty girl sitting by herself and she looked scared, so I had to sit with her.” His hand covered mine and squeezed it. While we were waiting for the ride to start up we struck up a conversation. By the time that we stepped off of the ride to an apology from the man working, I had a smile on my face, Liam Payne’s number in my phone, and a date planned for the next night.