Preference #5: He wants a child

Louis:

“You’re so good with her,” you smiled, your voice soft as you continued to stare at Louis as he rocked your sister’s baby back and forth gently. Without replying, he returned the smile, before shrugging lightly and moving his eyes back to your niece. “She’s adorable.” You hummed in response, before falling back onto the sofa next to Lou and cuddling into his side. “Should I put her in the crib now?” He asked, his voice low as the small child’s eyelids drooped before finally closing. “Okay,” you mumbled, smiling as he stood up and walked into the room next door. “You’re so cute,” you spoke quietly when he returned, wrapping an arm around your shoulders as he sunk into the sofa beside you. There was a moment of silence before Louis spoke again, his voice hesitant. “Babe? I was wondering…you know how your sister is happy, with her new family, and that she’s younger than us?” You nodded, your brow furrowing into a small brown as he struggled to speak his words. “Well, would you be…interested, in erm, starting a family…soon?” The grin that spread across your lips was uncontrollable as he posed his question, as was his when he saw your expression. “Is that a yes?” He asked, and you nodded, crushing your lips to his. 

Niall:

You and Niall both laid in your bed, your stomach pushed into the mattress as Niall continued to trace letters and pictures onto your back with the pad of his thumb. Niall hummed into the pillow he rested his head on, your eyes drooping at the relaxing sensation of his touch. You stayed quiet as he traced one word onto your back, your head turning in confusion towards him. B-a-b-y. “Baby?” You asked, frowning slightly in confusion. Niall nodded against the material of the pillow. Your frown deepened as you continued to not understand his meaning. He chuckled lightly, before wriggling his hand under the blankets that covered you and poking your stomach lightly. “Baby,” he said softly, pressing a delicate kiss to your cheek. “You want a baby?” You asked, a muffled gasp exiting your mouth as you took in his speech. “Yes…only if you want to,” he said quietly, his eyes looking down to his chest as he bit his lip nervously. “Niall,” you breathed, a smile painted on your lips as you pressed yours to his. “Of course I would,” you whispered, brushing your nose against his. “I couldn’t think of anyone better to have my child with.” “I love you,” he mumbled, sliding his arm around your waist and tugging you closer to him.

Liam:

 “When will the stork bring your baby, Liam?” Your younger sister asked Liam as she sat in his lap, her small body cuddled up to his chest. Liam chuckled lightly, stroking your sister’s golden hair. “When your sister allows it.” “Do you want a baby, Lili?” She questioned, looking up at him with curious eyes.  Liam nodded as he bit his lip, exchanging a nervous glance with you where you sat across the room. “You’d make a very good Daddy,” she spoke, smiling at him before kissing his cheek. “Thanks, baby,” Liam grinned, before standing up and spinning her around while she giggled uncontrollably. “Time for bed, young lady.” You blew a kiss to your sister as she and Liam disappeared through the door, pulling your knees up to your chin as you acknowledged what Liam had previously said. He soon returned, wrapping an arm around your shoulder as he sunk into the sofa next to you. “She’s adorable,” he smiled, nudging his head into the crook of your neck before placing a delicate kiss to your skin. “Li…what you said,” you spoke quietly, “Do you want a child…now?” “I wouldn’t want anything that would make you uncomfortable.” “What if I said I wanted a baby too?” “You do?” He asked, withdrawing his head and staring at you with a grin on his face. You nodded, before mirroring his expression as he pressed his lips to yours, sharing a passionate kiss.

Harry:

 ”Love?” Harry called from the living room. “Can you come here a minute, babe?” Drying your hands from the sink, you walked to where he was, sitting opposite him at the table. “Is everything alright?” You asked, taking in his concerned expression as he held both your hands in his. “I need to talk to you about something…” he spoke quietly, frowning at himself as he began to mumble a list of words that had no sense of connection. “Harry, just tell me,” you told him, squeezing his hands and showing a small smile for encouragement. “Well…” he began, clearing his throat before continuing. “You know we’ve been married for a year now?” “Yes…” you mumbled. “I was wondering…if, well, um,” he sighed, letting out a frustrated sound as he struggled to speak his words again. “Harry.” “Right, okay,” he nodded sternly, taking a deep breath before posing his question. “I was wondering if you were ready to try for children?”  With a small popping sound, your mouth fell open into a gasp, which Harry quickly began to ramble once again. “We don’t have to, I mean, only if you’re ready, I don’t mind, I love you and I don’t-“. “Harry,” you whispered, cutting him mid-sentence. Walking around the table, you positioned yourself on his lap, before pressing your lips to his cheek. “I’d love that.” “Are you sure?” He smiled, cupping your cheeks in his hands. “I’m one hundred percent sure.”

Zayn:

“I’m so sorry,” you cried into his chest, your tears soaking his shirt as you clutched the material. “Baby, it’s not your fault,” he spoke quietly, his lips in your hair as he comforted you. “It’s completely my fault!” You continued to shout, though your voice was muffled by your sobs. “If you want to leave…I understand…Zayn, you deserve someone who can give you children.” “No,” he immediately said, his voice loud. “If you think this means I love you any less, then you’re wrong.” “But…” “But, nothing. I love you; and that’s final.” Neither of you said anything for a few moments and silence filled the room as your cries died down. “Baby?” He asked, breaking the quiet as you looked up to him. “We can adopt?” A small smile was painted onto your lips as he kissed your forehead. “It’s the same thing right? I know you won’t be pregnant…and you wanted that, I know, love,” he sighed, pushing a strand of hair behind your ear. “But we’ll still have our own child, our little baby.” “If you’re okay with that,” you mumbled, nuzzling your head into the crook of his neck. “Of course I am,” he smiled, his hands rubbing circles into your back.  ”But please, please remember that I still love you. You’re everything to me, y/n. Please don’t ever forget that.” “I love you too,” you whispered, your lips finding their way to his.