Chapter 67: When I came home... (6)

Start from the beginning

It was highly unlikely that the Blood Cult, otherwise known as the Blue Bloods, would make good jiangshis for the Huayans, the Black Bloods.

“Anyway, there are these living jiangshis among the jiangshis. You have to make sure to learn about that!”

Cale subconsciously said the words he just heard.

“…Living jiangshis?”

“Yeah! You don’t know about them, right?”

“I do.”

Upon hearing Cale’s response, the Fire of Purification nodded his head as if he understood.

“Ah, I see! As expected of a reader of that genre of novels!”

Cale naturally ignored that and asked about the living jiangshis.

“Those are the ones that look alive, right? The ones who still look human?”

“That’s right!”

Living.

These jiangshis acted as if they were regular people.

If the jiangshis in Xiaolen had characteristics that made it obvious that they were jiangshis… Then the living jiangshis did not seem like jiangshis at all. They looked like regular people.

Furthermore, they were able to carry on a regular life like people, making them the cream of the crop for jiangshis.

In most wuxia novels, the Blood Cult or Demon Cult tried their best to make these living jiangshis while the main character tried to stop it. These living jiangshis were usually brought forth by forbidden secret methods that should not be used.

“Mm.”

Cale said the thought that came to him out loud.

“I guess living jiangshis have appeared in the Central Plains.”

“…I can’t say!”

“What do you mean you can’t say when you’ve basically told me everything?”

“…There is a weird god who would care very much about whether I confirmed it myself or not.”

The puppy’s ears and tails sulked down.

“Anyway, the divine item will be necessary for you. It is my gift to you.”

The puppy’s tail started to wag wildly again.

Pull.

Cale looked down at the Fire of Purification after feeling him pull at his pants.

“Thanks for what you did in Xiaolen.”

The puppy’s fur, which was a mix of red and gold, was slowly becoming clearer.

It was sparkling.

“And I’m always thankful to you for using the Fire of Destruction for good.”

The puppy’s eyes observed Cale looking even more unsettled. The puppy chuckled.

“Embarrassed? Cale, you really-”

“For free?”

“…Hmm?”

“You said thanks. But it is just words?”

“…Uhh-”

The Fire of Purification blankly stared at Cale for a moment before nodding his head.

“I understand the God of Death a bit now.”

“What?”

“Nothing. But Cale…”

“What is it?”