Chapter 17: I am Strong (3)

Silence descended upon the Garden of the Stars. It was very short. It was only for a few seconds.

That instant of silence was broken by the attendant, who was rushing to follow behind the First Imperial Prince.

“How dare you! Do you know who this is?! How dare you say something so ludicrous-”

“It is the rules.”

Of course, it was Cale who cut that attendant off. He turned away from the attendant and observed the surroundings.

“All candidates are equal as soon as they become registered for the test.”

His gaze turned back toward the attendant.

“Isn’t this a sacred test not just for the Empire, but for the entire Xiaolen? My liege has acted fitting for such a test. What is the problem?”

“You, you-!”

The attendant’s face turned red.

It was obvious that this new candidate in front of him was not a part of the Imperial family. However, she was acting so pompous in front of the Imperial family and the First Imperial Prince at that!

However, the attendant could not say anything. The green eyes that were visible through the mask were indifferent and cold. It made him unable to easily talk to this person.

Cale looked right at the attendant as he continued to speak.

“My liege carries on the blood of the Wishrop royal family.”

“Ah.”

Some people around them gasped. Cale’s lips, which were visible underneath the mask, gently curled up. However, his eyes that were not smiling were still looking at the attendant.

“Show your respect to my liege.”

The attendant closed his mouth tightly.

‘How dare a shitty royal from a perished kingdom without any power…!’

Some of the royal families of kingdoms that had lost their territories were smart and joined other kingdoms. However, there were many who chose to remain in their kingdoms until the end and met their demise.

‘I heard most of Wishrop died that way. She’s just a royal from such a stupid place!’

Her status as a royal was just a shell.

She probably had no power, money, nor anything since they had lost their base.

However, the attendant did not show his true feelings. He was not that stupid.

Instead, he put a calm expression on his face and stood behind the First Imperial Prince. Of course, he did not apologize to Mary.

‘All candidates are equal? What bullshit. There are still different levels here.’

Furthermore, this was a battlefield. It was a place where you had to use all sorts of methods to get what you want.

That was why he had to give all sorts of bribes to be stationed in the First Palace with the First Imperial Prince. Serving the First Imperial Prince was an investment for his future.

The attendant peeked toward the First Imperial Prince.

“…….”

The First Imperial Prince was famous for having a poker face. It was rare for the man who was always cold and didn’t speak much to come to find someone, and it was far rarer for him to speak to someone first.

The First Imperial Prince remained silent while looking at the nineteenth candidate, Mary.

“…….”