Chapter 37: The sun has risen (10)

The light was so bright that it made them close their eyes out of reflex.

Baaaaang—!

The ground shook from the large explosion.

No, it sounded as if it was splitting.

“Eek!”

Someone plopped down on the floor from the shaking.

It was a Dark Elf on the reconnaissance team. He had lost all strength in his legs and could not stand up.

His hands were covering his eyes. He felt as if the bright light would make him blind.

“Ha!”

However, there was someone who still had their eyes open.

“Haha, hahaha-”

Zero, the ninth candidate.

He did not close his eyes at all. The bright light made his eyes tear up and become bloodshot but he did not avoid that light at all.

Darkness would return if he closed his eyes.

“Kahahaha!”

He laughed out loud.

The explosion and the red light swallowed his laughter but he did not stop laughing.

“This, this is truly the light that would destroy the darkness!”

He looked at the red light without stopping even as tears poured out of his eyes.

He embedded the image in his mind over and over again.

“Yes, it should be like this!”

‘It needs to be this kind of light!

There is no way that a light that would chase away the darkness would be beautiful and warm!’

Zero’s fingertips were shaking.

“Hyu, hyung-nim.”

Zero’s subordinate who barely managed to open his eyes became anxious after seeing him like this and reached toward Zero but his hand could not reach him.

Zero was looking at this red light and laughing despite tears coming out of his eyes that were so bloodshot and red.

He was scared that touching such a crazy person might lead to his death.

Zero’s eyes looked full of lunacy right now.

“It’s a crazy light!”

Crack. Crack.

This red light was even capable of destroying a Dragon’s shield.

Zero turned his head.

“Kekeke.”

He made eye contact with the Dragon.

Crack. Crack.

The Dragon was continuing to put new layers of shield as they broke.

Thanks to that, the people inside the shield were not swept away by the explosion despite the ground shaking.

– Human.

Zero heard the Dragon’s voice in his mind.

Smile.

The Dragon started to smile.

– You’re a part of the Agents of Destruction, right?

Smile.

A smile appeared on Zero’s face.