Chapter 9: The Reason for remembering (4)

Late at night not long before midnight…

There was a place giving off an even brighter light than the day. It was the Temple of the God of Death.

“I didn’t expect you to come so quickly, Commander-nim.”

The bishop looked calm but a thrill, sense of anticipation, anxiety, and other emotions were swirling inside his head.

Cale gently smiled at him.

‘He’s a decent person.’

The bishop in front of Cale seemed like a decent person based on the information crown prince Alberu had given him.

‘Although he seeks power and fame… He is someone who properly completes his duties and maintains his foundation as a priest.’

The comments about the bishop were average.

< Someone who finds rules to be extremely important but looks at his personal benefits to be more important. However, he does have piety. >

Even someone who did not have any greed for power nor fame would start to have some once they rose to the position of running a kingdom’s church.

The bishop in front of him had a balance of a decent level of piety against any greed for power and a decent level of goodness against his own desires.

“Bishop-nim.”

“Yes, Commander-nim?”

The bishop’s heart was beating quickly while looking at Cale, who had stealthily come to see him late in the night.

‘It’s obvious.’

The bishop could basically make out the relationship between Cale and the royal family, no, between Cale and the crown prince.

The information he gathered today helped him realize that the damage to the Royal Palace and the Duke’s Estate was much greater than he had thought. No matter how hard they tried to keep quiet about it, this information will be sent throughout the kingdom and to both the Eastern and Western continents.

It was a misfortune that fell upon a kingdom that was seen as a future strong power.

‘I’m certain that he will want to use the divine item to suppress the anxiety about the current situation and divert people’s attention.’

That would be why the crown prince, whose reaction had not been so positive when they met, sent the Commander so easily to the temple.

‘Either that, or this intelligent Commander personally stepped in to change the mood.’

The temple and the royal family… Cale and the bishop…

The fact that the two sides had some common ground in their thought process… The bishop could tell that was the case.

That was the reason he was waiting with anticipation as to what Cale would say.

It was a deal.

He wanted the upper hand in the deal.

“Bishop-nim, I will lay it all out for you.”

The bishop easily held the corners of his lips from rising up.

‘Lay it all out.’

What did that mean?

It was a shortcut to making a deal.

The bishop waited for Cale to speak and Cale responded immediately as if to meet his expectations.

Plop.