always welcome | fluff + hurt/comfort (k.b.)

Summary: Kate brings Yelena back to your shared apartment after the incident. You proceed to help them both through the rough time, offering as much emotional support as they need

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:

You were focused watching the news on the tv when a knock at your door startled you. Grabbing the first thing you could find to protect yourself with, you made your way to open the door. After watching the news and everything that was happening throughout the city you were on edge. Worried whether Kate would walk back through the door to your shared apartment. Worried that the battle would be the start of something bigger.

Holding the shoe up and ready to attack you opened the door. As soon as your eyes met the ones you were most familiar with, your hand let go of your weapon of choice. Kate faltered as she adjusted to you throwing yourself into her arms, 'Kate, I was so worried,' Wailing in her arms she managed to move you both so she could close the door.

Once you pulled away, you held Kate's face in your hands as tears of relief ran down your face. All of the tension in your body disappeared knowing she was safe. It wasn't until you calmed down enough that you really focused on the details of Kate's face. That's when you saw how it was littered with cuts and bruises. You winced thinking about how the rest of her body must be looking if that's how her face looked.

'I'm so glad you're home and safe. I thought the worst and I didn't know what I would do without you-,' Kate stopped your rambling with a soft kiss on your lips. You melted into her touch. Kate was your comfort, she was your home. Having her back felt like a dream. One you never wanted to end. With how real her touch felt, you wouldn't have to worry about that.

You had been caught up in Kate that you never realised a second person walked through the front door with Kate. That was until she awkwardly coughed to get both of your attention. Pulling apart you stood to the side eyeing Kate, hoping she would tell you who this other person was and why they were standing in your shared apartment.

'Y/N, darling, this is Yelena. I hope you don't mind I brought her here.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:

'Where are you going to go now?' Kate asked Yelena as they stood there looking at the tree. There was something that drew Kate to Yelena. She felt like she needed to help her. Whether Yelena liked it or not Kate was always going to persist to help her.

'Don't worry about me, I always find somewhere to go and something to do,' Yelena sighed. She knew what was coming. Even in the short time of knowing Kate, it was like Yelena could hear what she was thinking most of the time.

'Come back to my apartment-,'

'Kate-,'

'Yelena, it's just for one night. Then you can leave and you'll never have to see any of us again,' Kate pleaded trying to convince Yelena to go back with her, 'You're hurt,' Yelena dropped her head, let out a shaky breath and nodded.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:

'Of course not. Our home is always open,' You directed your comment to Yelena. Taking in her appearance and noticing she was just as beat as Kate was. You walked to the kitchen, both of them trailing behind you. Grabbing pain medication and two glasses of water, you set them in front of them.

Yelena didn't have to think twice about trusting you. Kate had a kind soul and was different to others that had been in Yelena's life previously. You were someone important to Kate and that's all that mattered to her, 'Kate go wait in the bathroom, I'll deal with you first,' Kate followed your instructions. You were quick to guide Yelena through to the living area, 'If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. I know we don't know each other but I'm here for you so make yourself at home,'