chapter 32

LUCIAN POV

I was called in quite early because of all the former president fiasco. We will be needed for help in whatever we can, so we are to arrive early and work on all that we can.

I was busy doing my Job when Zake came in and immediately pulled me aside.

"I have added your name on the list of people who are to attack the hideout that Peter and King are supposedly at". He whispers.

"What?". "Is it a credible source". I ask

"Yes, came from chief himself. So warn your guy". Zake replies before turning to leave.

I take my phone and immediately dial King's phone. After few tries that all went straight to voice mail, i try Rema then Baba. But they all went to voice mail.

After few more tries i decide to call Sun, who picks up on the first two rings.

"Sun, where is King and the others". I ask immediately as he picks up.

"No idea. Saw him last in the morning,  he must have left at some point". Sun replies. "Is there a problem?".

"No....thank you". I hang up and run back inside. To find Zake's team preparing to leave, i take my gun and blend myself in but make sure i stay where chief won't see me.

"We are dealing with dangerous men. Orders are to kill upon sight". Chief announces.

My heart leaps in my throat. Kill upon sight, that means Van and the others are in grave danger. I have to find a way to save them. Making sure i stay out of chief sight, i enter the car and listen to the orders thrown around on our way.

As soon as we arrive we step inside and my eyes start scanning for Van. Only to find his eyes already at me, he had worn a mask that covers half of his face. But I'd know him anywhere at any time.

The eye contact is broken when he make a run for it. I turn at the right time as i find Chief pointing the gun directly to Van's direction, without much thought to it i push his hand causing the him to hit a different direction.

I turn panickly and find that both Van and Can are safe. Infact van was holding Can avoiding another incoming  shot. I turn back around and notice chief who was now few steps behind me was pointing his gun in Van's direction, i knew i can't exactly make it to him on time so i did the second best thing. I stood on the way of the incoming shot and ended up being shot instead.

I could feel the pain almost to the board line of unbearable. I could feel my legs giving out, so i fell on my knees. But my entire focus was on Van, i had to make sure he was safe. The pain in his own eyes was probably reflecting mine.

I wanted to assure him, that it's ok. That am ok, but i could barely speak. I didn't want him to be shot or get caught, i don't think i can keep my eyes open more than needed.

"Go". I whisper yell. I even make a wave motion for extra safe measure.

I see Can pulling him towards a hidden spot. I sigh in relief, and allow myself to  succumb to the floor. I could see the pain and sorrow in his eyes and i just hope that he doesn't blame himself for it.

My eyes were getting heavier and heavier as am about to drift to sleep. Zake's face comes to view and i stare at his panickly face. I could hear him calling my name but felt like he is speaking from a distance.

"Fuck don't you dare close your eyes on me". Zake growls as he slaps me across the face.

It stings enough for me to wake up. And stare at his panicked face,he proceeds to carry me out of the building into a car where he places me on the back seat. I drift into darkness again.