chapter 14

KING POV

I had stepped out of the room briefly, to talk to Rema. Atleast thank him for what he did.

After returning, i heard some movement from the bathroom. Stepping inside i found Lucian trying to apply some ointment on his back.

But immediately when i entered, he froze. I could already feel the barrier between us. Stronger than, the barrier he had when we met.

Clearing my throat, i spoke. "Do you want me to help you with that".

"No". He cuts me off, sharply. "I can do it myself".  He mumbles as he avoids my eyes.

"But you are barely reaching the spot". I say gently as i take one step forward.

He makes a frightened noise, before backing away hastily. Making, me freeze in my position.

He had backed himself on the wall. And raised his hands as if to protect himself.   He was trembling, as he looks at me with frightened eyes.

I almost moved closer to him, to assure him that i wouldn't hurt him. But i knew that would only spook him more. So i could only stare at him with a hurt expression.

Turning, i meant to leave but his voice stopped me.

"Give us a week. By then, me and sun will be out of  your sight". He says as his voice shakes.

I turn to look at him. But the sudden movement shook him." I promise". He assures hastily.

I want to convince him to stay. No, i want to demand that he stays here. It's still not safe but anything i say right now, will only aid at pushing him futher away.

"Sure". I opt to say and take my leave.

****

I had plan to easy my way in, make him forgive me slowly.  But so far it has proven to be fruitless. Lucian has been actively avoiding me.

He is coincidentally, never where i am. And by any chance we find each other in the same place. It takes him 1 minute to come up with the lamest excuse to leave. He doesn't even try to make a believable excuse.

Hell, i once met him in the hallway. And he changed his route upon seeing me. Without even being subtle about it.

And this is just fueling, my regret. I don't even have a chance to apologise.  Cause he isn't giving me any. He'd rather stop eating,  than share the same  table with me.

I have tried all that i can. But the more i try, the more he avoids me. It has reached an extent where he shifted rooms. Barely eats at the mansion.

And he has thrown himself into solving the case, in unhealthy obsession. Like he can't wait for it to be over. So that he can finally leave this place.

And there no words to explain how much that is hurting me. I want to make things right. I really don't want him to hate me. But he isn't making it easy.

He is barely at home and when he is. He is avoiding me. He acts as if staying in the same room with me, will kill him. He spends most time  at his work place, even tends to sleep there. Only come back once in a while, to change or check on sun. And he is off.

Other times that he is back, he barely sleeps and is off again. It doesn't help my conscious at all. Especially that now, even sun is mad at me.

He has been mad at me ever since that day, when i fought with Lucian.  He had come back from school and one look at his uncle, he had known i was at fault.

He said and i quote. " you are the only one that has the power to make my uncle this hurt". So he wasn't speaking with me until i fix whatever i did.

So now, i was more desperate than before. The only time sun was speaking to me, was when he was suggesting on what to do. To appease his uncle.