GENDER REVEAL PARTY

CHAPTER SEVEN
GENDER REVEAL PARTY

Manoucheca and Michael made it through the first trimester and the twins are starting to show.

Manoucheca underestimated this whole pregnancy thing. Normal tasks like walking or just sitting felt more like running a marathon, and shortness of breath strikes at any moment for Manoucheca. She was using the bathroom more frequently.

In the past few weeks, Manoucheca has learned to just take it easy, go with the flow, and appreciate that the babies are growing big and healthy.

Michael has taken to his role like a fish in water. He was reading every baby and parent-to-be book he could get his hands on.

Robyn said the second trimester is the easiest and Manoucheca is starting to see what she means.

The downside, her nose is stuffed up, and Michael chalks it up to the combined effect of hormonal changes and increased blood flow to her mucous membranes.

To get relief, Michael brought her a humidifier and a vaporizer for their bedroom at night. Making also had to elevate her head with extra pillows when she sleep, and drink plenty of fluids.

She also had nosebleeds thanks to increased blood volume and blood vessel expansion in the nose, so she has to keep tissues handy.

Now that Manoucheca was officially fifteen weeks pregnant, she had some energy back, her sex drive came back in full force, and her baby bump started to show.

So today, Manoucheca and Michael planned a gender reveal party and announce the pregnancy publicly since Manoucheca has to resume filming for her talk show. Michael decided he wanted to be in charge of actually executing the gender reveal.

Manoucheca wanted to hire someone but Michael felt like the formula is simple enough: Stuff a unique prop with colored powder, confetti, or frosting of a certain hue to signify the impending arrival of a little boy or a little girl.

Michael had planned an elaborate pink-and-blue party in their backyard.

"Mike, this is too much," Manoucheca said once she came out to the backyard and saw the decorations.

"This is the scaled-back version of what I wanted to do," Michael told her.

Manoucheca groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Nevermind then, this is perfect," Manoucheca said.

Once the guests arrived. Michael and Manoucheca revealed to everyone that they were having twins. Everyone was surprised aside from Donna, Robyn, and Winston since they knew before the party.

Manoucheca and Micheal then popped confetti that displayed blue streamers to reveal the genders.