[ 𝟎𝟎𝟒. ] would you hold me?

004 , would you hold me?

     CHRISTMAS WAS ALMOST HERE, which means more and more unnecessary holiday decorations would be put up all around the house. Not that Evelyn mind, it felt more like home to have different kinds of decorations like by the furnace, there were Christmas stockings and in the corner of the large and spacious living room, was a fully decorated and lit up Christmas tree with an angel sitting at the very top of it. Although traditionally, it was supposed to be a star, as Eli had reminded his wife every year before their seperation, but Emery was adamant about an angel and she would win that argument constantly. It was one of the times that Evelyn loved about her parents, before they began to not stand to be in the same room as the other. Memories imbedded in her mind, memories Luna tend to forget because of her burning hatred for her father.

     But one thing's for sure, and it was that Evelyn would never.

     Yes, Eli has done several things to be the world's worst parent and husband. But nobody was perfect, he just didn't try to be. As for his crimes, Evelyn only forgave him because he apologized and said that if he would have done things differently, he would choose to stay but he loved the woman he was with. The only thing that Evelyn didn't acknowledge was her torn heart, knowing her father has a son for two whole years in secret, and that he provides for him, loves him, while he couldn't even care to get home to his legal family in time. It hurts, Evelyn think about it almost everyday but she endures. It already killed her mom and sister, she didn't want to show them it was killing her too.

     "Was that better? Or if I did like this," Luna strummed a different key and type of note through the strings of her guitar, immediately making the ground shake due to the speakers that sat on the wooden floorboards. "Which one had more of a thrill to it?"

     "I quite like the first one." Evelyn frowns, as serious as her sister is at this. She knows just a few from musical instruments thanks to her talented younger sister who practices in all sorts of instruments. Growing up, she was the listener and Luna's number one fan who'd point out if something is off key. "Try it again."

     "Okay, wait...."

     "Girls!" Before Luna could strike another string, both of them stood up and Evelyn pulls down her headphones that allowed her to get a better hearing of how Luna played the guitar without any distractions from the outer sounds. All that soon came down when they heard the familiar shut of the front door and they look at one another, hesitant. Their mother wouldn't just call for them in such a formal and direct way if there wasn't something making her do so. Until they saw Doctor Cullen with his wife, his hand comfortably resting on her back as they made their approach. "I thought I was clear, no intense—"

"—Volume in the living room, I get it." Luna finishes off and takes away the guitars strap around her torso, placing the instrument away and shutting off the speaker with a click.

"In our defense, nobody was home and we weren't expecting company this afternoon." Evelyn says, greeting the lovely married couple with a smile which they return domestically. It was a melting sight, Evelyn loved seeing Carlisle and Esme together, they always seem so happy and with their number of children, they never seem to run out of love and humility.

"Well, expect it more often, especially in a few weeks for Christmas." Emery states, taking off the scarf around her neck and neatly folding them to place aside.

"I... Are we suppose to guess what could that mean?"

Carlisle dips his head down in amusement for Luna's sincere confusion and Evelyn's restraint of a laugh while their mother looked at them as if she was ready to strangle them with the scarf she holds. "It was your mother's invitation and I quite adore the idea." Esme said with a warm smile.