Eighteen

Definitely not the longest chapter, but since the beginning I had been dying to get to this point of the story. Please remember to vote and comment :) Enjoy Xx

Elizabeth:

Something didn't add up since the moment I regained consciousness. I was laying on a soft mattress and for a brief moment I almost wondered if what happened back in Harry's house had been a nightmare.

But the more I regained power over my body, the more I felt pain. My wrist hurt and I could still feel the soreness in my cheek from Benjamin's previous blow. Keeping my eyes closed, I tried to assess the place I was in, but everything seemed oddly ordinary. A nice bed, early sunlight streaming through a partially open window and some fresh air.

"You know, when you were a kid you used to pretend you were fast asleep because you didn't want to do your homework. Twenty years have gone by and you're still a terrible actress, Lizzie." His voice was like a bucket of ice poured over my head. With startled moves I opened my eyes and confirmed something I had only dreamt of.

My father was alive. Well and breathing with a small smile tugging at his lips. He had been watching me sleep like he used to do in the early mornings when I was a child. Ignoring the pain I felt while moving, I got up and ran towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck in a suffocating embrace.

"I thought I'd never see you again." I mumbled in between small kisses all over his cheeks and forehead. My father was truly there, and he looked so well that I almost thanked Benjamin for taking care of him.

"I'm glad to see you too. I missed the three of you a lot." Once my giddiness and relief subsided, I took my time to really look around. This was a plain room, but what truly struck me as odd was the fact that my father seemed completely unfazed by the situation we were currently in. It was as if we were invited to be there instead of being held hostage.

"We have to get out of here." I spoke, remembering Benjamin's menacing words and the way he mercilessly hurt me. "He might come back soon. We need to get out, dad." There was an edge to my voice showing off despair, but my father seemed abnormally calm.

"We have a lot to talk about Liz. Take a seat." He pulled his chair closer to the small bed I had been, and despite my happiness to see him, I felt like something was deeply wrong with this entire situation.

"What is going on? No more lies, please dad." He ran his hands through his hair and looked at me, concentration making a lot of ageing marks appear on his face.

"First, I just want you to keep in mind that your mum and I, we never wanted our kids involved with SIS, and I'm sorry we weren't able to protect you." His words were not what I had expected, and curiosity got the best of me while I leaned closer to my father.

"I'm not sure I understand where this is going." I admitted, looking down at my wrist and finding red marks from the cable ties.

"I don't know, I just wanted you to remember that we are dealing with British Intelligence and it's a dark, twisted world."

"And you're a part of that world" I stated, still not sure what my father was trying to tell me. He looked completely apologetic and it was an odd sight. I had always pictured him as a strong figure, someone who couldn't be shaken up by anything. I guess I was wrong.

"Yes I am, but Benjamin also is." I cringed immediately at the mention of Benjamin, wondering why my dad seemed to be on his side somehow.

"Benjamin is a fucking psycho, that's what he is." I spoke in frustration, but my father seemed completely stoical.

"I know he has been incredibly rude with you, and those marks across your arms and face haven't gone by unnoticed, but I promise you I'll punish him for that." I rose my eyebrow at my father, but kept my mouth shut, allowing him to continue.