Chapter 22

Neil is looking at his phone and then he sees the time which shows 4.30 p.m.

Neil: Ali's engagement is at 6. O should leave for home now.

Saying this Neil informed his P.A. and his Dad and then left the office.
On the other side Avni was checking the decorations and was talking to Ali.

Avni: Ali all decorations are perfect so now I will also go home get ready and get Anaya ready and would come.

Ali: See what you have to do

Avni(frowning): Means??

Ali: Matlab ye Avniji ki appke patidev Shri. Neil Khanna bhi aanewale hai engagement Mai. To agar ve puchenge ki aapke hatho Mai Jo bachha hai vo kiska hai to aap Kya Uttar denge.

(Means that your husband is also coming for the engagement and if he sees the kid in your hands and asks you whom it belongs to so what you will answer ?)

Avni: What Neil is coming? Really?

Ali: Yeah I called him and asked is he was coming and he said yesI also have the phone recording. Wait I will play that (Ali was about to remove his phone from his pocket).

Avni: Nahi nahi rehnde. By the way itni shudh Hindi tune kahase bolna sikhi?

(No let it be . By the way, from where did you learn to speak so pure Hindi?)

Ali: Shudh thi?

(It was pure?)

Avni: Tere hisaab se to Shudh hi thi.

(It was pure atleast for you)

Saying this Avni starts laughing and Ali is watching her with fake anger.

Ali: Hehehehe done laughing. Now go get ready and come. Go Go Poda.

Avni: Ha baba going.

Then Avni leaves the venue and goes to get ready.

Soon the time passes and it's evening everyone is gathering near the stage where the bride and her groom i.e. Ali and Priya are standing. We can see Neil and the whole group of their friends in college. There is Mitali as well holding a child.

Suresh (one of the friend from the group): Aree Mitali, whose kid it is?

Mitali: whose what? It's mine

Shanaya: What?? Are you serious? When did this happen....wait wait wait that means you are married and you didn't even told us?

Neil was just looking at them.

Mitali: Yeah it was a private wedding we only had our families. Neither his friends nor mine.

Everyone: Okayyy.

Smriti( Priya's mom): Ali beta should we start engagement.

Ali: No mom 1 minute, Avni didn't came yet. Look she is here.

Everyone looks at the door and Neil is just lost in her. AVNI comes and stops near the door and is fixing her saree.

Everyone is just looking at her but our Neil is legit staring at her like a love sick puppy

Everyone is just looking at her but our Neil is legit staring at her like a love sick puppy. Avni then comes near the stage and stands. Ali comes down from the stage along with Priya.

Ali: Avni where were you?

Avni: Areeyy that traffic..

Ali: Okay okay leave it, let's start the function.

Avni: Yeah.

Ali was moving but stopped and looked at Avni turning back.

Avni: What?

Ali: What what what? Come.

Avni: Where?

Ali: What where? Obviously on the stage. Who will hold the rings? Me?

Avni: Ohh yeah sorry sorry sorry come.

Everyone laughs at her this antiques and then she moves towards the stage and is holding the rings for Ali Priya to exchange it.

Ali made Priya wear the ring and then Priya did the same. Everyone clapped for them smiling.

Ali: Okay okay guys let's dance. Chalo everyone find your partner and let's start a couple dance.

Sumit( friend): But Ali Bhai, we are single. From where should we get a partner then.

Priya: I have an idea for that.

Ali: What?

Priya: See everyone there are 2 jars kept on the table so everyone go and pick a number of your choice. The left side jar is for girls and right side for boys so go everyone and find your mate.

Everyone goes and picks the numbers from the jar including AvNeil.

Neil (in mind): Please god let mine and Avni's number be same.

Just then he sees a hand raised which has the same number on his chit but before he can see that lady, she turns to the other side. He goes near that lady and taps her shoulder. The lady turns.

........................................................................

Who do you think that lady is Avni or someone else?

To know do read I Love You.

Love Love 😊