Chapter 6

Shweta: I didn't make it, Avni made them.

Neil: Whatt..

Shweta: Yes.

Neil looks at the food then at Avni who looks down. Neil then remembers something.

Flashback:

Neil: Avni.. Avni.

Avni: Yes Neil what happened.

Neil: I am really very hungry.

Avni: Yes so why are you telling me. Go make something yourself, and however you know I can make only one thing except coffee?

Neil: What? You can make that? It'll be fine.

Avni: Okayyyy.. so go into the kitchen, there are fritters in the bowl.

Neil gets happy and goes in the kitchen but founds no bowl there.

Neil: Avni There is no bowl in the kitchen. What you have made?

Avni: The one thing which I can make except coffee, I made it to you.

Neil got confused and asks.

Neil: What?

Avni: Fool, you are fooled Neil. ( and starts laughing)

Neil: Avni...

Avni: Sorry..

Neil: You, wait (and starts running after her).

Avni: Ayee Neil sorry (and runs with Neil behind her).

Flashback ends.

Neil again looks ate her who was already looking at him without expressions.

Shweta: Avni, child, there is a ritual since our ancestors that the new wedded bride on the first day after wedding makes something sweet, sorry I forgot to tell you. Can you make some sweet for dinn.....(interrupted by Avni)

Avni: Mom, I have made sweet.

Saying this she opens the lid on the bowl.

Shweta:  Ohh wow, kheer. You know Avni, Neil loves kheer.

Avni(unknowingly says): I know.

All the 3 of them looks at her. Then Avni realizes what she said.

Shweta: You know? How?

Avni (nervous): You..you said it now, so I know.....

Saying this she looks down.

Shweta(smiles): Ohh.

But Neil noticed her nervousness.

Avni sees the time and remembers that it is Anaya's wake up time.

Avni(mind): Ohh no, Anaya must have woken up. If she will not see me around, she will take the whole house on her head. Nanno would also be not able to handle her. What should I do now? Idea, Avni your doctor degree would work in this, yes I will tell them that I got a urgent call from the hospital and I will leave, okay. 

She sees Neil is lost in his own thoughts.

Avni: Mom.

Shweta: Yes child.

Neil also looks at her.

Avni: I got a call from the hospital that there is some urgent patient.  He is very serious. So can I go? If you say a no I won't go.

Prakash: Oh child, is this a thing to ask? You can go.

Shweta: Yes child go.

Avni: Thank you.
(In mind): I am sorry I am lying to you but I have no other option.
(To Prakash and Shweta): I'll go get ready.

She looks at him but he is royally ignoring her. She gets hurt and goes from there in her room picks her bag checks all her things and is all ready to go. But then Neil calls her.

Neil: Avni listen please.

Avni stops and turns towards him.

Avni: Yes.

Neil: I am not getting my file, please help me to find that(smirking)

Avni sees his smirk and understands that maybe he is planning something against her but how can she refuse in front of her in-laws.

Avni: Yes let's go.

Neil and Avni goes in the room and she is searching file when Neil purposely spills water near Avni, unnoticed by Avni.

Avni is going from there and slips down there and screams in pain.

Hearing her scream Shweta and Prakash comes.

Prakash sees her fallen on the floor and glass in Neil's hand and somewhere understands that maybe Neil did it.

Shweta: Child, how did you fall?(going near her and helping her to get up ).

Prakash goes and helps her to get up.

Neil quickly keeps the glass so that no one doubts him but Prakash already saw him.

Then Shweta helps Avni to sit on the bed. And says.

Shweta: Avni where was your attention, there was water, you should have see it right?

Avni: I am sorry mom I didn't saw that.

Neil(mind): See, how well she acts
It's not even a day and she stole my mom dad from me. Thai is just the start Mrs. Khanna, see what else is going to happen in future. Now, madam can't go to the hospital, so either they would suspend her or remove her.
(Smirks)

Prakash and Shweta go after sometime and Neil went to attend his call in the balcony.

Avni (mind): Nothing is going to happen sitting here Avni, Anaya must have woken up there and is crying maybe.

Then Avni tries to get up but she cannot. However Avni has to get up not for her but for her daughter. She got up and went to change her dress.

Neil came in and went out without being bothered if she is in the room or not.

Avni comes out stumbling pick up her bag and was going downstairs.

On the other side we can hear a baby crying and lady stopping her.

Nanno: Please stop crying baby, Mumma must be coming.  No no baby, don't cly(cry)

Anaya: Mummmmaaaaa.....
Mummmmmamaaaaaaa😭😭😭
(Crying).

.........................................................................

Love Love☺️