Chapter 35- Promises

Start from the beginning

"Sure" Pearl nods before heading to her own cabin to collect a cloth, coming back less than a minute later to run it under the water at Shelby's sink, and then handing it to Scott, who begins to gently clean up the blood around Shelby's body while staying silent.

He could feel his eyes stinging. He so desperately needed to cry again, but he held himself together, as he didn't want to cry in front of everybody.

But no matter what cabin everybody was in, they all could feel Scott's anger.

"How long do you think it'll take for Shelby to wake up?" Callum questions as he had soon joined them.

"I'm not sure... it could be a few weeks... a few months..." Katherine says quietly, "I really wish my powers were stronger...".

"Would you like me to go and collect some of those healing plants? So you can make some more potions?" Kara asks.

"If you could, that'd be great" Katherine smiles.

Kara nods and heads out into the tundra to find some healing flowers.

(Time skip - 10pm)

Scott sat in silence on the end of Shelby's bed as she lay there silence. Katherine had done all she could for today, but would be back tomorrow morning to help her some more.

Scott had just spent the better half of an hour crying angrily while holding Shelby's hand, his breathing ragged as he could feel every inch of his body become tense at the thought of what happened to Shelby.

He was extremely angry at Gem... should he not be?

Scott didn't care that Gem was hurt... he cared about the fact that Gem let this happen... that Gem allowed for Shelby to take the full hit.

He was going to rip Gem to shreads... but he couldn't leave Shelby's side. Not now...

He needed to know she was going to survive this.

He stood up, walked over to a wall and...

SLAM

Scott breathed angrily as he opened his eyes to his fist through Shelby's cabin wall, before pulling it out and punching the wall again, this time with his other fist.

Not only was he angry at Gem, he was angry at himself. If only he had gone with Shelby on that supply run, maybe then she wouldn't be on deaths door. He promised that she would live... that she'd never be hurt...

He failed her... and he hated himself for it.

The thought of Shelby dying filled his brain as he begins to sob once again. He didn't want to believe that this was reality... that his best friend was dying...

Walking back over to Shelby's side, he sits down and pushes his hand into Shelby's own. "Shelby... I promise... you'll live..." he starts, "You won't die... I won't allow it... you'll be okay...".

He wipes his tears as he takes in a shaky breath, looking at Shelby's pain filled face. She was covered by two covers and a punch of pillows were around her, as per Scott's request. He wanted her to be warm and cosy when she wakes up.

His memory flashed to when he saw that vision of the cliff... had he predicted this?

If only he'd know it wasn't just his imagination.

"Please... promise me you'll be okay..." Scott mumbles as he places a gentle kiss on Shelby's forehead, careful as to not hurt her, as she had that scar directly across her skin, but thankfully, it was almost fully closed. Not healed, but closed.

"I know you can't speak but... god, I hope you can hear me..." he continues to mumble as one of his tears fall on Shelby's cheek, and he gently wipes it away.