Chapter 8

Mikasa's P.O.V (o^^o)♪

Eren waltzed in with a huge grin on his face. Levi, who everyone could tell loved Eren, had a scowl on his face. I had almost missed the fact that his face was a slight shade of pink. No doubt. He glowered at the floor as Erwin made eye contact with Armin and I.

"Tch," Levi ran his hand through his hair then lowered himself onto a seat next to Armin. Seems like he doesn't like me very much. Fine by me, as long as he doesn't make Eren sad. I observed Eren, Erwin had slung an arm around Eren casually as Eren struggled to serve the tea with a huge muscled arm weighing his shoulders down. I smiled a bit as I saw Eren attempt to politely ask Erwin to remove his arm.

"Hey, Eren definitely seemed happier now-days right?" Armin whispered in my ear when he noticed my odd staring. "Also, I can't believe Levi laughed before."

"Yeah," I mumbled, I wasn't really listening. All my attention was on Eren's smile. Ever since the amusement park excursion, Eren had been much happier. Was it because of Levi? Eren stopped talking about death and how he wished he was never born. He had an almost permanent smile (genuine too) on his face every morning and through out the whole day. I too could not believe Levi LAUGHED before. He didn't even realise why everyone was staring.

I made my eyes go cold then turned to Levi.

That face..... I tried to hold it in. "Ahahaha!" I roared and whipped my eyes brimming with tears. Levi jerked his head to my direction in surprise. Armin shot out a hand to clutch onto my arm before I fell off the sofa.

That face I'll never forget. Levi had a dreamy look on his face as he rested his chin and his hand and ogled Eren like a love-sick girl.

Eren gasped in surprise about thirty seconds later when he realised that was my first laugh. I felt my eyes widen then I started laughing again. Jesus Christ, that was a really late reaction. When my laughter subsided, Eren and Erwin took a seat. Eren smiled at me even without knowing why I laughed. We all drank our tea in silence. A comfortable silence.

Maybe Levi wasn't so bad after all. I could see the love and fondness in his eyes.

Eren's P.O.V (o^^o)♪

I did not expect Mikasa to laugh like that. She was always so quiet. I almost had a heart attack. I did notice her sneaking glances at Levi... Did he make her laugh? I sighed in content, thank god they were getting along. "Eren, what do you think of Levi?" Erwin leaned to me and whispered in a soft voice. He checked on Levi who was lost in thought.

"He is really nice and caring. I mean he may treat you bad but I bet inside he actually does care about you." I mumbled embarrassingly but I meant every word.

"Levi! Eren thinks-" I leaped out of my seat and shoved both hands against Erwin's mouth. I cleared my throat.

"We need to go buy some uh- coffee," I randomly shouted then tugged Erwin out.

"Don't you think Levi would be happy to hear your thoughts?" Erwin told me as we walked to a shop nearby.

"Too embarrassing, and what if he thinks I'm creepy then he won't talk to me anymore?" I stared at my hands. Ow, thinking about that made my chest hurt. Did I have some kind of sickness? I'll have to ask Mikasa later.

"Why are you worried that he won't talk to you?"

"I, I... don't know...... He just makes me really happy when he's around. Even if he calls me brat and idiot, I know he doesn't mean it. I guess he is important...... or something like that," I blushed when I said the last part.

Erwin cleared his throat which made me look up. "If you need anything at all and I repeat ANYTHING you can ask me and you can talk to me," Erwin patted my back and gave a me proud smile.

"You're acting like my dad!" I giggled, Erwin is a really good person.

"Okay now since you said we are getting coffee, how about we buy some and make coffee for everyone? I'll show you what type Levi likes." Erwin winked.