o n e ; rapunzel's past

Chapter 1

ELSA

I placed my mug on the wooden table before pouring the boiling hot water to make myself hot coco. I sat down, resting my cheek on the palm of my hand, while the other tapped the table, creating a beat. I have entrusted Anna to make breakfast, since she was so up for it.

I was about to take a sip of my hot coco when I heard a disturbing scream coming from the kitchen.

"Anna.. " I called out, still seated. I could hear her squeal.

"AHH! Shoo, shoo!" She screamed again making me sigh and head to the kitchen.

"What is it now?" I looked around and saw Anna holding a broom and a pancake that was now resting on the floor.

"There was a rat." Anna nervously laughed

"But how did the pancake end up on the floor?" I asked.

"Long story short-- I saw a rat so I freaked out and attempted to throw the pancake at i--"

"Hit the rat, with a pancake? Really, Anna?" I sighed, although I had to fight the urge to laugh.

"Yeah, It's crazy, I know." Anna paused "but what would've you done?"

"I don't know, maybe hit it with a broom like what I suppose you were about to do." I lightly laughed "but a pancake? Anna, just no. It's no deadly weapon."

"Well, It's hot and it could've burned the living crap out of the r--"

"Language." I reminded.

I glanced down at the pancake then shrugged, might as well feed it to Olaf. I'm guessing Anna had the same idea since she called for him

"Olaf!" a Dalmatian barked and ran to us in the kitchen.

"Breakfast." Anna laughed as she pointed the pancake lying on the floor, Olaf immediately attacked the said bait.

"Barbaric much, Olaf?" I chuckled as I watched the Dalmatian gobble up his food.

"Alright, I'll serve the rest of the pancakes at the dining room, just wait for it there." Anna said as she opened a wooden cabinet located just above the sink and reached for a bottle of maple syrup.

I nodded and made my way to the dining table, siting at my same spot as earlier.

***

"Anna, you'll seriously choke, calm down." I sighed as I watched my sister eat her pancakes as we walked to school, we didn't have much time left and to think that we still have to walk to school made Anna just pack up her breakfast and eat it on our way to Rockford high.

We enrolled in the middle of the first quarter so we had to get some catch up lessons, but the principal gladly informed us that we didn't miss that much.

Anna muttered a 'sorry' as she wiped her mouth using a hanky. She placed the her food back in her bag as we stopped just in front of the school's gates

"Is it too late to go to the bathroom?" Anna gulped, I could sense that she's tensed.

"Just use the one here at school." I murmured absent mindedly.

I started to walk towards the school gate when Anna halted me to stop.

"What now?" I asked.

"At least wait for me to finish eating my pancakes." Anna pouted

I raised a brow "and I'll do that because..?"

"Uh, 'cause I'm your sister."

I didn't respond.