Chapter 23 - I can't fall for him.

Start from the beginning

"I know" she said with a sigh. "Justin told me what you are doing, I hope that you find something."

"We already have." I told her.

"Justin didn't told me that."

"She was driving Gail."

Tears filled her eyes, but she blinked them away "Keep looking Rose, we need as much evidence as possible. She is coming to the wedding next week. I don't want her too to worm back in his life."

"I understand Gail, I really like Lucas, but I need to protect my own heart too. Thorn and Justin told me that he always goes back to her. I can't fall for him."

She sighed "I know, but a mom can hope uh ..."

I noticed the time and finished my breakfast quickly "I need to go home and change for work. Thanks for breakfast and the talk Gail."

"Don't mention it. See you soon?"

"Of course," I stood up and placed my plate and cup in the dishes.

Coming home Sansa was asking a lot of attention, she wasn't used to stay alone that long. I gave her a bit of extra food and an extra belly rub.

"Tonight, we will cuddle on the couch" I promised her, and she meowed in reply like she understood what I was saying. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower and left for work. Arriving there I sent a message to Lucas.

I was going through my notes for Victoria when he replied, I teased him a bit with his password, and I couldn't help the flutter in my belly did when he joked back that he would use my birthday as his new password. Remembering what Gail told me, I accepted his invitation to go for lunch. I proposed him to go to Thai me Up, I never went there, but I remember walking pass it once. It would be perfect for him since he isn't not yet that mobile.

Holding my phone, I noticed that I received a message from Hugo, I opened it and read 'Hi Rose'.

I shook my head, that is so 'Hugo', I smiled and sent him back 'Hi Hugo, how are you?'

'Better, busy at work.'

Not asking something back I left my phone on my desk and continued to work. A little before noon I took my purse and let the others know I was going to lunch with a friend.

I woke up well rested and alone

I woke up well rested and alone. Rose was gone and the sun was shining bright. I'm sure that I had set my alarm. Taking my phone from the nightstand I saw that it was already 9:30 am and I had a message from Rose. 'Thanks for letting me sleep and setting your alarm! I hope you slept well. X Rose'

I messaged her back 'Hey, sorry for not waking up with you. X'

'No problem, Lucas, and you need another password on your phone! 1234 is way too easy, I had expected more from someone with a business degree!'