Chapter 22 - I bet he doesn't know that.

I pulled one book out of the pile and started to read too

I pulled one book out of the pile and started to read too. 3 chapters later Rose turned towards me "I have a question and it's about Hailey. Are you going to be mad?"

I sighed and turned towards her on my left side, "I'll try not to."

"Since she ended the engagement, have you heard from her again?" Rose pulled her sunglasses off and looked me in the eyes.

"No" I shook my head.

"Do you still love her?"

"Honestly I don't know." I sighed "like you said, when it was difficult, she left. Maybe I still love her, but I don't know if she loves me. If she ever loved me."

"So next week will be the first time you will see her again?"

"Yes."

"How do you feel about that?"

"Mostly nervous."

"I will be there with you Lucas. Don't forget that."

"I know, thank you."

"If she wants you back, what are you going to do?"

I stayed silent for a moment "my family never liked her. I would be stupid to take her back but..."

"You always take her back." Rose stated.

"Yeah."

Rose sighed and sat down "Lucas, it's none of my business but family often knows you the best. Maybe it's time for you to walk away from her for once. She knows that whatever she does you always take her back. Even now you are ready to take her back. There is a time in your life that you need to walk away from drama and the people who created it. She played with you and every time you have let her."

"She didn't..." I started.

"Really Lucas?" Rose scoffed. She watched me for a moment but then she stood up and took the tray inside. I was lost in thought that I didn't notice that someone sad down beside me.

"Luc? Are you alright?"

"Uh Justin? What are you doing here?"

"Mom called me and invited me and Ivy for dinner."

"Where is Ivy?" I asked him.

"Inside with Rose and mom. What's wrong Luc?"

"Rose told me something."

He smirked "I knew it. She is madly in love with me."

"No, something about Hailey."

"What? That she is a snake? I could have told you that a long time ago." He patted my arm and jumped in the pool.

I rubbed my hand over my face, my heart clenched. I remember in our first year in college I met Scarlet, we needed to work together and became very close. She even came here, mom liked her. One night she kissed me, but I pushed her away directly. I even confessed it to Hailey when I saw her the day after. She told me that she understood it and forgave me, even though I didn't do anything. I remember how relieved I was that she wasn't mad about it. I never talked to Scarlet again, she even transferred schools after a week or so.