Broken.

The first chapter of BROKEN is up!!

Now that it is, it would mean a lot if you guys give it a try and let me know if you like it. Would mean the world to me.

Thank you so much!

HERE'S THE PROLOGUE OF THE BOOK -

" Mr. Raichand, I don't need your help in my personal matters. You are my boss, not my therapist. I don't find it professional." I told the man sitting opposite to me in his black suit and thumb pressing his lip as he continued to look at me.

" Shivanya, things have never been professional between you and me ever since you walked in for that interview. Since then, I have thought about you in seven hundred ways, none of which closely resonates with me being your boss or you being my employee." The thing is, he doesn't mince words outside the Courtroom and the double meaning behind this words was enough to send a shiver down my spine.

"I am sorry, what?" I processed his words for a few seconds before reaching out for a clarification.

" You heard me right for the first time." He did not repeat him words but continued to look at me, standing a few feet away from and looking intimidating just as ever. There was a reason Vikram Raichand is called The Hawk in the Court room. He looks, he watches, he observes and right now, standing under his gaze, I knew that I was being observed. The mere thought it made me uncomfortable as I shifted my weight from the right foot to the left.

The thing was, I hated being looked at for too much. Much of this insecurity came from being curvy and not being comfortable under my own skin.

But his gaze was something else. It did not make me uncomfortable in the way people usually do, it was almost as if he was looking at me. Not my looks or my work, but at me.

" You fail to understand, sir. When I tell you that I don't want your help in something which is not related to work, I mean it. Apart from that, if I find myself in a difficult position in a case, I know where to find you." I took a step back and turned around to collect my laptop and bag to leave but his voice stopped me again.

" I have been waiting for you longer than you know of it Miss Chopra. You will find out soon enough." His words sounded dangerously close to a promise, sending a shiver down my spine as he once again sat down in the chair next to where I was standing.

" Have a good day sir." I hurried out of the Conference room once I had everything.

I did not need him, I did not need anyone. The ones I did are perfectly happy together and even if it kills me every time to see my sister with my best friend and the man I had lost my heart to years ago, it pinches me like nothing could, I still have to pretend.

I guess, that's what I have been doing all my life, pretending but Mr. Raichand was trying and succeeding to see beyond that and I could not let that happen. He cannot find out the hollow mw behind this mask. I had to make sure of it.

Ignorance is bliss, until it is not. She knows of it. He knows of it. He accepts it, she does not. They are not opposites but they are in no way similar either. But the real question is, will she acknowledge it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

Shivanya Chopra - The thing about her is, she has stopped living for herself. She would care for an insect more than she would care about herself. At the age of eighteen, she had to step up and become the lady of the house when he parents passed away in a flight crash. Her sister, Radhika was twelve years old at the time and since then, Shivanya took the role of her parent more than a sister. Now at Twenty Eight, she is still playing that role without a complaint in the world with managing her office. She studied law. She has been curvy her entire life unlike her sister, who had a figure to die for. She has heard people talking behind her back about how her younger sister was so much better looking than her but she could never find herself being jealous of that. In fact, she took pride in it. The only time she felt something remotely close to jealousy towards her sister was when her own best friend, Taran, whom she had been in love with since she was fifteen, fell in love with her sister. Well, it was a good thing for her that she never told him her feelings.

Vikram Raichand - At the age of Thirty Five,  not only he had earned his own law firm which had offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, London, New York and Toronto, he also had left a mark everywhere he went. He had followed after his father's footsteps to become a lawyer but he had become more successful than him by now and he lived upto his title of a casanova until he saw Shivanya Chopra walk in for that interview. After that, he treaded on the lines of obsession. He refused to entertain women and denied his attention to anyone other than her even though it was only once he had spoken to her in her three years of working for him. She became his need before he could know and that was it for him.