Chapter 22: Dance Dance Infiltration: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

Sincline facepalmed. "Just stop trying?" he asked, glancing at Ren and Mercury.

They nodded, and Mercury glanced down at his watch. He cursed. "Schist!"

"What is it?" Ren asked as he, Jaune, and Sincline turned to face the grey-haired teen.

"It's 7:55," Mercury explained, causing their eyes to widen in alarm. "The dance starts at 8!"

All four boys froze, absolute terror tearing through their bodies as panic filled the air. "RUN!"

Mercury fired his shotgun-boots, breaking through the window with his suit in hand; Ren kicked the doors down and jumped over a guardrail; and Sincline warped away, leaving Jaune to stand alone in the store to pay for all their suits... and the broken window.

He groaned. "Son of a—"

Timeskip

Exiting a rift after changing into his suit, Sincline landed on his feet in his team's hallway and immediately checked the clock on his HUD. Upon seeing the time, he sighed, slumping against the wall in relief. "Three minutes till eight." Made it.

Footsteps echoed down the hallway, and he turned to where Mercury and Ren were dashing up the stairs, both clad in their respective suits. "Thanks... for... leaving... us," Mercury coughed, hands on his knees as Ren gasped for breath.

"You still had time to get dressed," Sincline pointed out, gesturing to their respective suits... while silently wondering just how they managed such a feat. "Where's Jaune?"

"Probably still paying for our suits," Ren sighed, straightening the tie of his black suit, which were both trimmed in purple.

"True," Mercury acknowledged, fighting back a laugh at Jaune's unfortunate fate.

Several minutes passed, and Jaune finally showed up, clad in a black and gold suit with a golden tie. "You guys... suck..." the blond-haired Huntsman huffed, hands on his knees.

Sincline snickered, and Ren fought back a laugh, Mercury doing the same. "You'll live," the grey-haired teen informed him. "Well, at least until—"

A low click, and the door to Team RWBY's dorm began opening.

"Good luck!" Mercury fired his shotgun boots, launching himself down toward his end of the hallway while Ren and Jaune dashed to their dorms as well, leaving Sincline to stand before his team's dorm alone.

The door opened all the way, and Sincline found Weiss standing before him in a white and blue dress with snowflake-styled embroidery, a white arm-length sleeve on her right arm. To his surprise and secret delight, she was wearing the same earrings and tiara he had given her for Christmas.

 To his surprise and secret delight, she was wearing the same earrings and tiara he had given her for Christmas