[ii | dystopian] honorificabilitudinitatibus

(a/n: i wrote this one in school. also please know that nothing in here is meant as offensive, i am just writing how i think the characters would act in this situation - so please don't take anything here personally. thanks. also i just realized this one-shot somewhat reminds me of me and my school.. huh. also please let me know if i should un-publish this semi-vent- i'm sorry.)

warnings: characters in this one-shot are... mentioning death, hallucinating, having breakdowns, bleeding, having mental illnesses. this one-shot also contains... sharp objects, mean/judgmental/offensive people, and probably a lot of pessimistic people too

honorificabilitudinitatibus
- the state of being able to achieve honors; honorableness

honorificabilitudinitatibus              -   the state of being able to achieve honors; honorableness

"There is a planet in another galaxy which is different from the rest. Odd lifeforms inhabit it, yet those forms are familiar to humans like you and I. One would play catch with a bouncy ball, shop with a coin, or hang a picture with a tack. But on that planet, the bouncy ball you played catch with as a 5-year-old is a criminal on the run. The coin you shopped with at the convenience store is the coach of a sports team. The tack you hung the picture with is a vice president. You see, this planet is familiar to you, yet different at the same time.

Its inhabitants are objects like ones known to you and I. Those objects have human features, yet simplified and cartoonish. They have jobs, go to school, and grow up. They have problems and solutions, conflicts and friendships, relationships and families. They live similarly to humans, without even knowing that such a form exists.

And like the human world, this planet has continents, countries, states, cities, towns and houses. In one particular continent, in one particular country, there is a state we will focus on today called Inanimate Island. Once known for its competitions and challenges, it now has the school with the highest GPA in the entire country it belongs to. And it's no surprise that it is run by the richest object in their country, the inventor, the company-owner, Steve Cobs.

Today, we will focus on this school, which has features and programs unique to it. This school has many world records, yes, you read that right, WORLD records. It is the most accepting school, having restrooms for many genders. It is the first ever, and still functioning, floating school in the stratosphere, which works differently than it does on earth. On earth, it would be hard to breathe in that area, but these objects do not need as much air supply as humans or other organisms do.

That school is divided into two parts, which they call gray and blue, primarily because of the uniforms. You get into this school at age 6, and continue on until age 18 WITHOUT leaving. Once you turn 18, you are free to leave and you will then be permitted on ground to return to your family. During your stay in the school, there is a dorm where they will stay. The grades work similar to schools in the human world. It is a peaceful school, with only one report of bullying in the blue section during the entire time the school stood - which was about 40 years.
The blue section and the gray section interact during lunch, but that is all. The curriculum is too different. The blue section works like most human schools do and is clean and modern, while the gray section is simplified in areas and is a bit dirtier and less modern. Objects in the gray section are different...