Chapter Three: Play Date

Começar do início

"Do you like green?" Hinata put her bag down and sat on the fluffy carpet while Sarada looked through her bookshelf for some colouring books.

"Sometimes, blue is better." She shrugged, settling on two books. She set them down in front of Hinata and went to find her best pencil crayons.

"Who painted your room?" Hinata opened one of the books and flipped through the pages. "Since you want to change it, it means you don't like it."

"My room was painted before I was born. It was nice before, but now..." Sarada sat across from her, placing the bin of colourful assortments in between them.

"Why don't you ask your father instead?"

"He doesn't do anything without mommy." She pouted, "he'd ask her first."

"It's your room though, you should like it, no? Did you tell them you don't like it?"

She nodded. "No painting, no drawing on the walls...so I cover it with drawings instead." She motioned to the large mural, "I like it better."

"You should." Hinata nodded, "it's very pretty."

"Some of them aren't coloured well, but I colour better now!"

"I can see that, good job."

Sarada sat up straight, adjusting her glasses with her cheeks dusted pink. She doesn't really hear praises all too often, only when she does something remarkable at school. To hear Hinata say that she was doing a good job at colouring, even if she didn't think it was that good, it made her blush.

An hour must have passed without them realizing. They talked amongst themselves, mostly about why Hinata's hair was short, who was better at colouring, a stupid boy at daycare, and their favourite things to do.

Her stomach growling made her blush again in embarrassment. Sarada dropped her pencil and looked at Hinata sheepishly as she touched her cheek, trying to get the woman's attention.

"Are you hungry?" Hinata didn't look at her.

"How did you know?" The young girl said in amazement, "do you have superpowers?"

"My senses were tingling." Hinata jokes, tapping her forehead, "how about a sandwich with some apple juice?"

Sarada gasped, "how did you know I wanted a sandwich."

"That's a secret." Hinata stood up and held her hand out. "Come."

Holding onto her hand, Sarada hummed on their way down the stairs. "Do you like sandwiches?"

"Now you have superpowers too — yes, I love sandwiches. What's your favourite?" They walked into the kitchen. Hinata lifted Sarada up to sit on the counter as she opened the fridge.

"Peanut butter and jelly, or an egg salad sandwich." Sarada answered, "I love egg salad. Ume would make it all the time."

"Ume?"

"My old nanny." She pouted, "mommy and daddy don't like it, not even when I eat it because it makes me gassy sometimes." She giggled.

"Do you want to eat one?"

"Will you make it?"

"If you want."

"Yes please."

Hinata took out the tray of eggs, "where are the pots?"

"I'll get it." Sarada jumped off the counter and opened a cabinet, pulling out the smallest pot she could find. "Is this okay?"

"That's perfect." Hinata took it and filled it with water.