~everybody moved on, I stayed there~

Now playing: right where you left me by Taylor Swift

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                         

                                                    T W O   Y E A R S   L A T E R

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'JOIN THE EMPEROR'S COVEN TODAY'

The Golden Guard's mask mocked you in the stupid posters.

"Fuck no." You whispered. You didn't think about him anymore, not really. But occasionally you'd stop to look at the posters, and think about it. It's not like those two weeks were that significant to your life. You then realized you were still an hour late for school, after sleeping in. You had gotten legally adopted by Ophelia's family, and charges were dropped on you after you went to court about your biological family's abuse, and you helped pass a law against incriminating minors for wild magic, so that's cool. (Considering minors aren't required to join a coven, it was stupid) You weren't a runaway anymore, and since Luz the human started attending Hexside, they've accepted multi-track students. So now you're back at Hexside, and studying every track. 

As you take a glance at the posters, you think about it. You know you haven't moved on. You're reminded of it every time you see his mask. But it's nice to act like you are. It's hard for you to move on, and that's okay. You will, soon. When the coven system is taken down, taking him with it. Before the day of unity, you'd be sure of it.

You draw a spell circle, burning his stupid mask. At least you wish it was the real thing.

the end of book one