~Let me in, let me out, stop telling me all about your problems~

Now playing: The Milk Carton by Madilyn Mei

"My feet hurt." You complain as you continue following Hunter through the woods. "Why don't we just take the path?"

"We're being hunted, L/N."

"I thought I was the one taking you to Bonesburough." You mutter. 

"Once we find a town of some sort or figure out where we are, it's up to you." Hunter quiets for a moment, thinking. "If I can get my own way home, our deal is off."

"And if we're an unbearable amount away from the castle, we'll make an everlasting oath. Right?" You step forward an extra step so you're walking beside him rather than behind him. 

"Sure, yeah."

"Wait." You stop in your tracks, motioning for Hunter to do the same, which he does. 

"What?" You interrupt his question by putting your pointer finger to your lips, quieting your companion.

"I can hear talking." You whisper, trying to listen. Hunter perks up for a second as you can hear the distant sound of witches living their lives. You start to run, and Hunter follows closely behind as you approach a tiny village. A sign greets you with the cursive letters of "Welcome to Old Lyptak"

"LYPTACK?" You yell, way too loudly. A few witches look in your direction and you give a small smile and wave. 

"What? I've never heard of this place before." Hunter mutters, walking closer to you as you start walking along the cobblestone path of the village.

"We're uh.. sort of in the ankle." You respond quietly, looking away from him.

"And we have to get to the neck?" You nod in response. "Well then we'd better get going." 

"No. Everlasting oath, then we should get some food." You sigh. "We can't have you starving before you become the 'Golden Guard'." You laugh, holding up air quotes as Hunter rolls his eyes.

"You're right, for once." He holds out his hand. "Assuming that'll be the only time." You laugh a bit, shaking your head as you draw a spell circle around his hand and pause before shaking it.

"You promise to free me once I return you to the castle?" 

"And you promise not to leave me to die until we get to the emperor?" 

You both nod at each other's questions.

Reluctantly, you shake his hand, sealing the everlasting oath. Great. Now you're stuck with the idiot until you get him home.

Home.

Ophelia! 

She's probably worried sick. 

By the looks of the setting sun, they've been home from school for hours.

Your palisman.. if they were here you'd be home by now. 

==================

You'd been walking through the woods for a couple hours in almost complete silence. It was just so awkward. You held a small map in your hands of the titan that you had bought while getting food from Old Lyptak, along with a light spell to illuminate it.

"How long do you think it'll be until we're back?" Hunter asks from beside you. You turn to look at him, he's holding his arm with his hand and looks genuinely terrified. Like something is gonna happen if he isn't back now. 

"I don't know. Two weeks or so?" You sigh, realizing just how long you'd be stuck with him. The sun set long ago, but he insisted you needed to keep going, which explained his eye bags.