Chapter 14

Hannah's scream tore throughout her chambers as she underwent yet another spasm. Her belly felt like it was on fire and she turned yet again from her position. She clutched her very much big belly in silent efforts of making it stop.

Her eyelids burned as more tears made their way effortlessly down her cheeks. " Be patient your highness,a physician is on the way"her lady in waiting,Kira assured.

Hannah,a daughter of a duke,was bound to inherit some aristocratic traits. Moreover arrogance but today she had no sassy comment up her sleeve. The pain made sure of that. " Hurry!" She gasped as her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fell back,her soft head hitting the pillows of her four poster bed.

"Your Grace,can you hear me?" She felt a cold finger lightly tap her check and she grimaced. Suddenly aware of the pain in her abdomen. She slightly groaned but couldn't move to touch her stomach.

"Well?" Felix asked,irate. " What is wrong with her?"the other members nodded in agreement to his question.

"Your Majesty,there is no easy way to say this"she said,her face grim. "Her Grace has lost the baby"she finally let the cat out of the bag and Felix visibly gasped as he held onto Adrian's shoulder for support.

"Please continue"Queen Mary was too shattered but tried to hide it although she did a poor job at that.

Diana breathed. " She miscarried. The cause of this is something she may have consumed which harmed the baby thus immediately losing it. She also lost a lot of blood but I've prescribed some medicine to deal with her abdominal pains and should no complication occur,she should be fine"by the time she finished,the royal family nodded grimly before filtering out. Leaving a distraught Felix behind.

The latter immediately disappeared into the bathroom. Diana guessed he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing him at his worst. Diana smirked,she didn't need to see. She knew that when Hannah came to grips with the situation,she would crumble like a house of cards.

Diana never liked involving innocent people to a bloody matter,moreover an innocent soul like an unborn baby. But,in retrospect, Consort Song was an innocent soul. In Diana's opinion,she let them have their peace,let them raise her child without her. There's a lot she sacrificed to be just killed for no apparent reason than just a grudge and in that fact and that fact alone,she was content.

Heirs in each and every kingdom were important. Heirs were one of the common denominators amongst the three kingdoms in the tri kingdom treaty. With the royal family moreover the king and queen looking to Hannah for their first grandson,this was very unfortunate news indeed. She smirked inwardly as she thought of what Felix had said earlier. I hit you where it hurts most huh? Well look who's laughing now. Lesson number one darling: no matter what,I always get the last laugh.

She instructed Kira what doses and which medicine to give to her at which time and was on her way. Her shoulders sagged in exhaustion as she took of her pin and her hair fell backwards in long shiny locks. Her eyes watered as she looked at the red pin,her thoughts immediately wandering to Aia.

She gasped when she felt a hand on her arm and she pivoted on her heel to be met with Adrian. The latter smiled at her as he brushed off a wet substance on her cheek. Tears she didn't even realise had started falling. "Being a physician is hard isn't it?" He asked in a gentle tone and she nodded. Atleast she didn't have to explain herself.

He suddenly pulled her to him and for once,she didn't resist but instead flung her arms around him and embraced him tight. No words were exchanged,no feelings conveyed but the message of comfort passed through easily.