Chapter 11

"Brother,I didn't expect you to come so soon" a smirk graced his lips,his mood revitalised as his eyes followed the shadow of the person as he moved into the light.

"What you did today was totally unacceptable"Sebastian scolded, hands behind his back,posture upright. Playing the dutiful prince he was. Adrian resisted the urge to roll his eyes as he watched his brother pace in front of him.

"You mean disrupting father or taking Diana as my wife?"he put the emphasis on the word wife and he could see fury burn through Sebastian's irises but the royal tutors taught him well,he didn't react. The only telltale signs of anger was the stiffness of his shoulders and ticked jaw.

"What are you insinuating by that?" He shot back and Adrian shrugged.

"I overheard your conversation with Diana earlier in the evening. Initially,I still knew you didn't like Angelica nor the way she was thrusted on you,I knew you like Diana instead"Sebastian was getting provoked,Adrian could clearly see that because he was the one starting it.

"Then why did you make her your chief Consort when you knew that I was going to make that announcement?!" Sebastian glared at him as his voice went an octave higher.

"What can I say? I like her" Adrian shrugged. "Now if you'll excuse me,I would like to retire for the night.

Sebastian scoffed,"just because you like her doesn't mean she'll reciprocate your feelings"he shot back.

Adrian smirked,"I know but do you know what I do know again?" His brother raised his eyebrows and Adrian smirked wider. " You're never getting her cause she's my chief consort!" He joked and Sebastian turned on his heel and left at once. Anger evidently coursing through his veins.

"Wow Adrian this is beautiful!" Diana exclaimed in awe as she gazed at the beautiful crystal blue Lake before her. It had a majestic glow to it that was further made by the sun's rays. The small forest surrounding it made it even more tranquil leaving only cute insect sounds and maybe a deer.

She ran her slender fingers along its surface and she gasped at the same time Adrian retracted her hand. " Careful, it's icy cold"Diana's eyes travelled to where his hand was touching her own. Her gaze froze as did the rest of her body. His blue eyes shifted to look at her and her heart did a somersault before starting to beat harder. They stayed like that what seemed to stretch for eons but in reality,only a few seconds. Hearing nothing except the sounds of their synchronised beating hearts.

Adrian blinked as if to snare his trance away and he hastily removed his hand,leaving somewhat a void in Diana's heart. "Sorry,what I mean is,the temperatures of the water may be a little drastic than normal"Diana could only nod awkwardly to relieve the tension.

"So why did you bring me here?" Deciding on changing the trajectory of the mood,she pursued another topic.

"Actually..."he rubbed the back of his head bashfully,"I wanted to apologize for my behaviour last night,it was completely inappropriate of me to project my feelings or rather force my feelings on you. It put us in a very awkward situation"he bowed in traditional fashion. " You have my deepest apologies".

Diana stood up and so did he,she put a finger to her temple playfully,pretending to be deep in thought. " On one condition" she said and he raised his eyebrows quizzically.

"What—" he stopped short as he felt Diana connect her hand on his chest and lightly push him—enough for him go plummeting into the icy cold water but he grinned as he latched onto her arm and dragged her with him.

Diana's eyes widened as she realised what Adrian was doing. She tried to flail,break free but he was holding her in a vice like grip and she could only watch helplessly as they both dived into the cold water below.