Haunting Adeline - l

A NOVEL BY H. D. CARLTON

4.4 ☆'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 5☆'𝐬
94% 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤.

The Manipulator

I can manipulate the emotions of anyone who lets me.
I will make you hurt, make you cry, make you laugh and sigh.
But my words don't affect him. Especially not when I plead for him to leave.
He's always there, watching and waiting.
And I can never look away.
Not when I want him to come closer.

The Shadow

I didn't mean to fall in love.
But now that I have, I can't stay away.
I'm mesmerized by her smile, by her eyes, and the way she moves.
The way she undresses...
I'll keep watching and waiting. Until I can make her mine.
And once she is, I'll never let her go.
Not even when she begs me to.

While not required, it is highly suggested to read the novella, Satan's Affair, first.

The Cat and Mouse Duet.

Genres
Romance
Dark
Fantasy
Thriller
Adult
Contemporary
Mystery
Horror
Fiction
Contemporary Romance

Q U O T E S
______________________________

"Let me know which stars you prefer. The ones above you, or the ones I make you see."

"When you make someone fall in love with the darkest parts of you, there's nothing you can do that will scare them away. They will be yours forever because they already love all the fucked up bits and pieces of you."

"Baby, you rule the fucking kingdom, and I will gladly bow to you."

"UNKNOWN: Sneaking off with random men, little mouse? If I catch his hands anywhere near you, they'll end up in your mailbox by morning."

"If it's real, then I've chased you across time and space, and you've never been able to get away."

"Cat got your tongue, little mouse."

"Love is an enigma, and it's redefined every time someone says it."

"My body is just a vessel that my soul inhabits, attached to a shell that it'll one day leave. And when that day comes, I won't care to let that shell go. I carry my body around because I have to, not because it's a choice. But when I possess something meaningful, I'm choosing to hold on to it. Carrying something meaningful in my skin is effortless but holding onto something that I could lose-that takes devotion."

"All I want to do is break her. Shatter her into pieces. And then arrange those pieces to fit against my own. I don't care if they don't fit-I'll fucking make them."

"Because then I wouldn't be true to myself, little mouse. I love that I scare you. I love that you try to run from me. The push and pull. The cat and mouse game. I fucking love it. And I think a part of you does, too."

"I'll have her because she's the first thing that made me feel something good in so long, and I've become obsessed with keeping it. I don't have very many something goods in my life, and I don't care if it makes me selfish for wanting to hold on to it."

"Sometimes the happiest people are the saddest."

"What you're seeing now is what I see every day. No matter how far I run, how hard I try to escape you-you're everywhere I go. You're everything I see. Loving you is like being trapped in a house of mirrors, little mouse. And I've never felt so at home while being so lost inside you."

______________________________