11.

October 1993

October 1993

Pieces of scrunched up parchment paper kept flying onto Hopes desk, and although she did her best to ignore it and simply dust it off of her desk, she finally had enough when one landed in her ink causing it to splatter across her assignment.

With furrowed brows, Hope turned in her desk only to get scolded by professor McGonagall for even attempting to turn. After all everyone but her was there for detention and the professor knew just how distracted Hope would get if she began talking and socializing with her friends. Rolling her eyes, Hope turned forward in her seat and moved her ink jar further away before she even pulled out a clean sheet of parchment.

"Pst. Hope." She heard the loud whispers behind her. "Hope."

Turning in her seat once again, Hope glanced at the twins. Of course they had detention. Again. But it wasn't just them. It was everyone on the team including the subs Alicia and Katie Bell.

"What?" She used their same tone.

"Is it true you are going to Hogsmeade with Archie?" Fred asked. Hope quickly gave him a quick glare which included a smile. That answer alone gave not just Fred the answer he needed but Charlie Weasley who was listening to the entire conversation from behind the twins. "That's a yes."

"Why do you care?" She asked intrigued, mostly because it has been three days since they made plans.  "Besides, it's a group thing."

"I just find it hard to believe." He shrugged. "Just watch out. Now that you are suddenly so famous, everyone is trying to be your friend, Hope. Some maybe even more than friends. A lot of the guys have been talking."

"I think I can handle Archer. He may be a smug bastard, but he's very humble, believe it or not." She admitted as she side eyed the male who was currently writing lines. He was currently talking to Katie Bell and every once in a while he would whisper to her which then left the two chuckling.

"You say that now." George warned making Hope refocus back on them.

"Honestly, I really don't think I have anything to worry about." She assured them. "Now tell me, why is the entire team in detention?"

"We got into an argument with your dear cousin, Malfoy. Snape gave us detention because although we had permission to use the field for practice, we did not have a note like Slytherins did."

"Ah." Hope nodded and began to look around the room. Ignoring the older Weasley, her eyes moved around until they made eye contact with Archer who began waving at her from across the room. This only made Hope snort to herself before she sent him a small wave and turned back in her seat to restart her classwork. 

How Professor McGonagall promised, Hope found herself asking for help with a few of the subjects. And at one point when the Professor stayed standing next to her until she stepped out of the classroom. Hope was left talking to her self and Charlie Weasley came over to help her.